General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

QUESTIONS ON YOUR BENZ's I CAN TRY TO HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Default RE: QUESTIONS ON YOUR BENZ's I CAN TRY TO HELP!!

Great to have someone to talk to.
My 94 e320 coupe is "surging" when stopped in gear and at idle out of gear. I'm told I may need a new wiring harness. (I've read all the horror stories). Is there only 1 maker of wiring harnesses, and is the best price $950?[:@]

Old 04-08-2008, 08:35 PM

Greetings,
I have a 98 c280. and when trying to start, there is no crank, just a click.
Lights etc all work.

The car has been sitting for 3 weeks or thereabouts.
Any clues, or direction ??
Thanks!

Old 04-11-2008, 04:22 AM

I have a 1987 MB300E 4Matic which I bought in 1995. Lately, I have had problems with its accelaration and loss of power to the point of stalling the engineand sometimes it's hard starting. I brought it to a Mercedes repair shop and they said my fuel pumps were not providing enough fuel to the engine, so we replaced them together with the fuel filter. After installation, I still have the same problem. The shop owner and mechanic suggested we clean the fuel tank and the fuel line, so we did. However, after they have done that the problem still exist, although now they have eliminated the hard starting problem. They now are recommending that we replace the fuel distributor and they assured me that his time the problem will solved.

Do you think their diagnosis is correct? Would appreciate your advice on this before I get them to replace the fuel distributor. I have already spent a considerable amount for the parts and labor and still the problem persist. Just wanted to make sure they are on the right track before I spend more money for a wrong diagnosis.

Appreciate any advice you can give and thank you in advance.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:38 AM

Hi,

Would you know the crash rating in miles per hour on the 2005 CLK500 bumpers?

Thank you

Old 04-12-2008, 03:40 PM

hey man what are your thoughts on swaping out my clk55 v8 for a cl65 v12 275.980... i know i will have to upgrade the trans and ecu you but just wondering if it will fit....figure if they can squeeze it in to a sl65 why not? thanks

Old 04-20-2008, 01:01 PM

hello master and welcome, i having problems with my 2001 s500, my passanger glass was replaced and eversince i got it back from the shop now the car is acting up pretty bad, the car was jumpstarted thru the passanger side of the car underneath the passanger side carpet, and now whenever i lock the car with the remote key, the hazard lights go on the after a brief moment the alarm go on aswell as if i was pressing the panic button also the light for the heated seat remains on for a brief moment after the car is locked, which i have to do manually, i called the shop who fixed the window,they told me to take it to a mercedes shop and that if the problem is their fault they will fix it. but im concern to bring it to a mercedes dealer and pay 200 or more dollars just so they can tell me that is a bad relay or something, do you have any advise brother?

Old 04-21-2008, 04:38 PM

hello master and welcome, i having problems with my 2001 s500, my passanger glass was replaced and eversince i got it back from the shop now the car is acting up pretty bad, the car was jumpstarted thru the passanger side of the car underneath the passanger side carpet, and now whenever i lock the car with the remote key, the hazard lights go on the after a brief moment the alarm go on aswell as if i was pressing the panic button also the light for the heated seat remains on for a brief moment after the car is locked, which i have to do manually, i called the shop who fixed the window,they told me to take it to a mercedes shop and that if the problem is their fault they will fix it. but im concern to bring it to a mercedes dealer and pay 200 or more dollars just so they can tell me that is a bad relay or something, do you have any advise brother?

Old 04-23-2008, 07:23 AM

Hi Mar, congratulations on opening your business.

1991 190E, 201.029

Question about the N16, Engine Systems Control Unit:

Could this box be the cause of my AC compressor timing out after about 10 minutes? The signals are tracing good to that point.

Could I get a schematic of that jewel?

Thanks

Old 04-25-2008, 02:28 PM

HELLO MASTERBENZ
JUST GOT A NEW KEY FOR MY 2005 S500-KEYLESS GO SYSTEM
ORDERED PART FROM GERMAN CAR AUTO SUPPLY-KEY IS OLD BLACK STYLE-KEYLESS GO DOESNT WORK-REST OF FUNCTIONS OK
#ON NOSE OF KEY 207 7312- I THINK ITS NOT RIGHT KEY FOR KEYLESS GO AS MYOTHER KEY IS NEW CHROME STYLE AND ITS WORK OK. DEALER IS ARGURING THAT IT IS ,THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY CAR. $255.00 LATER HE DOES NOT WANT TO TAKE BACK!!!!NEED YOUR FEEDBACK-THANKS-JIM C

Old 04-25-2008, 04:09 PM
JFS

Hello! Maybe this is a rudimentary question, but I hope someone can help. I have a 2003 e-klasse 200 Kompressor. I wonder how I remove the cover for the front right speaker (in the fron door) It´s scilent and I want to check if the cables to the speaker are attached or not, or if the speaker is broken. Is the cover a click thing or are there screwes, well how do I do I take the cover away without breaking the interiour? Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: QUESTIONS ON YOUR BENZ's I CAN TRY TO HELP!!