General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

QUESTIONS ON YOUR BENZ's I CAN TRY TO HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 01:20 AM
Banned
Default QUESTIONS ON YOUR BENZ's I CAN TRY TO HELP!!

My name is Mar and I just opened up my own shop in Manassas, Virginia (25 miles away from Washington D.C.) specializing in Mercedes-Benz. I workedat the dealership all of my career and it's time towork for myself. If there's anything I can do to help, send me an email and I'll get to it as soon as I can.

take care,

Mar L. Barruel III, MBA (Master's in Business Administration)
Factory-Trained Mercedes-Benz Master Technician
ASE (Automotive Service of Excellence) Master Certified Technician
MECP (Mobile Electronics Certified Professional) Master Certified Technician

Old 03-08-2008, 08:08 AM
Default RE: QUESTIONS ON YOUR BENZ's I CAN TRY TO HELP!!

Welcome to the forum. By the list of your qualifications, you will be a great asset for this forum and we all will appreciate the advice you can give.

We had an ML 63 AMG which stalled without warning, accelerating out of a left hand turn into a merging lane, and also when making a low speed left hand turn in a car park. It gave no warning. Beleiving it was just this car, we have traded it at the dealership, as they could not fix it and we have ordered a new one due to arrive in a month. I have however had a reply to one of my old threads only two weeks ago from another owner with a 5 week old car.

Have you got any information on this being a problem? I am still hoping it was just that particular car.

I do have an olderthread on this forum about it stalling, but to give you some quick history, it wasn't a crankshaft sensor, had the software upgrade to both the engine and transmission, had the main wiring harness checked and overall had never registered a fault. The two times occurred the day after delivery and 10000 km later.

Would appreciate any updated advice.

Old 03-08-2008, 02:38 PM

Yes. Thanks for the advice re my 1989 560 SEL's transmission. Wrote you back there, but thought I would here too!

My 1989 560 SEL's transmission just blew. A junk yard says he has one from a 1990 560 SEL and he can put it in for $1,000. Seems it is better to have mine rebuilt than just pull one from another old car, right?

What should the ballpark cost be to rebuild mine???? Total??? I'd like to know so I can shop around. Please confirm as I think you said, this route would be better than just buying one from an already old car and putting it in.

How long should my transmission last then if it's rebuilt???? How much would you charge for this job????

Thanks for your MUCH APPRECIATED ADVICE!!!!

Old 03-08-2008, 03:26 PM

aux fan and blower fan problem

Last week car ran hot
1- now aux fans only work when wires are jumped at dryer.
2-blower fan works sometime at startup and runs for about an hour quits
starts backup after 20 min
3-or blower will not work until car has run for 5 minutes and again as in 2
runs for about an hour quits for 20 min and runs again.

So far all fuses related to blower and fans changed.
aux fan resistor checks out ok
checked fuses in 2 boxes before main fuse box.
unplugged wire at aux water pump no help
[/align]1989 190e 2.6
Any suggestions and what are your office hours?[/align]

Old 03-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Banned

By the sound of it, it seems to me that the vehicle's fuel pressure get low at times...possible coming from the fuel tank. If they had updated the software on your ME-SFI and ETC, then it should be "FINE." As far as the CRANK sensor, it shouldn't matter whether or not your turning right or left, so I agree with you that the CRANK sensor is not the problem. It's a big possibility that it's inside the fuel tank causing the fuel pressure to drop, and STARVING THE injectors. Or it could be the fuel pump, which is also inside the tank...

take care,
-mar-

Old 03-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Banned

Rebuilt Transmissions should last you the same length as your original Transmission. And if you're not rough on the Transmission, it should last you a very long time. My suggestion to get it rebuilt by a Transmission shop, and they should give you a warranty on it. You could probably get it rebuilt under $2K or maybe a little more. AAMCO and COTTMAN are pretty good,so make sure you shop around, and also ask how long their warranty is.

take care and good luck,
-mar-

Old 03-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Banned

It could be a stuck relay...but really needs further diagnosis since it's a intermittent problem...and that's the challenging part. Website: www.marsautogroup.com

take care,
-mar-

Old 03-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Banned

I forgot to thank you for the compliment...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Once you get your new ML63 AMG, you shouldn't have anymore problems.

take care,

-mar-

Old 03-09-2008, 12:05 PM

Welcome to the forum.

I was driving my 2003 C230 Kompressor (131,000Km) Sport Coupethis morning, have a noise when turning right. Sounds like suspension part with lots of stress or pressure on it. Came home bounced the pass side and no noise, bounced the drivers side and I can make it happen, shock, tie rod, bushing??

Any thoughts

Thanks very much.

Regards,

Trygve

Old 03-09-2008, 04:11 PM
Banned

I have seen Strut Mounts as well as Sway Bar Links go bad on that particular year and model. It needs to be test driven to pinpoint what kind of noise and where the noise is. But those are two possibilities.

take care,
-mar-

Quick Reply: QUESTIONS ON YOUR BENZ's I CAN TRY TO HELP!!