General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

QUESTIONS ON YOUR BENZ's I CAN TRY TO HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by MASTERBENZ
My name is Mar and I just opened up my own shop in Manassas, Virginia (25 miles away from Washington D.C.) specializing in Mercedes-Benz. I workedat the dealership all of my career and it's time towork for myself. If there's anything I can do to help, send me an email and I'll get to it as soon as I can.

take care,

Mar L. Barruel III, MBA (Master's in Business Administration)
Factory-Trained Mercedes-Benz Master Technician
ASE (Automotive Service of Excellence) Master Certified Technician
MECP (Mobile Electronics Certified Professional) Master Certified Technician
my 03 s430 4matic rear suspension just started making a creaky bedspring noise at low speed over minor dips in the road, any ideas as to what could cause this,thanks

Old 05-07-2009, 02:01 PM
Exclamation please help...

I'm new to Mercedes, have only owned my car for alittle over a year now. It was running great the first few months I had it, now it seems to have lots of costly problems. If you could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Car: 1991 MB 560sec
Milage: 150,500 (roughly)
Problem 1: Engine Chirping while accelerating
Problem 2: When I accelerate, it revs up high before shifting gears. If I accelerate too fast, it will rev high then slam into the next gear.
Problem: 3: Car doesn't seem to be running on all cyclinders. Car shakes. Also brand new spark plugs.

Those are the problems I don't know the solution too. The other ones are, idle control valve, water pump, fuel pump. Which all need to be replaced.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:35 PM

HI! I hope somebody could help me here! I own a 2001 E320 Mercedes with a tip tronic gear box. While going on highwayAbout 200 km later, when i got used tot he noises and with the fact that the board computer didnt show anything unusual, the engine stopped while the car was running and when I tried to started again, the lights will apear, but the engine will not respond, not even a trying sound.
PLease help ... am I in big trouble?

Old 05-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Default Serpentine screaming at me

I have worked for a few trying hours today on replacing tensioner and it still screams at me when I put it back on. I am sure it is in the adjustments but I have not been able to find any pictures on this. Any input would be great.

Thanks
Dave

Old 05-16-2009, 07:15 PM
Question should I or shouldn't I?

I have a chance to buy a 2005 S55. 36,000 miles on it. What do you think? Good car? Any known problems?

Now, I do live up here in Canada, and we do get snow. Any thoughts on how it will drive in a few inches of snow once in a while? I will buy winter tires if necessary.

Thanks.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Default Screaming serpentine belt

Today I took belt off and started motor (briefly) and no squeal. I am certain it is in the belt but can it also be a bad pulley since belt would turn pulley? I am not sure what to try next. I sprayed it with WD40 and it stopped for a few but then it started again with squealing.

Any input would be great.

Thanks
Dave

Originally Posted by muddparts
I have worked for a few trying hours today on replacing tensioner and it still screams at me when I put it back on. I am sure it is in the adjustments but I have not been able to find any pictures on this. Any input would be great.

Thanks
Dave

Old 05-17-2009, 02:08 PM

Mercedes 300D, 2.5 turbo (1990) Unable to get heat for interior and it was suggested that I replace the temperature control valve. Rather than spend the $200+, is there a way to rebuild or replace a worn internal component. Being retired, I have the time and also the mechanical ability to repair almost everything.
If repair is not in the cards, could you suggest a parts supplier ?
Appreciate any help !
BOB

Old 05-21-2009, 12:03 PM

I hope you can help me with this. have you ever heard of a transmission going out from having water spilled into the gear shift area.
water spilled
almost immediately there was a burning smell and unusual heat from shifter area
2 hours later i'm stranded for three hours till the middle of the night
car was jumping in and out of gear and stalling wether it was it P R N or D

Old 05-22-2009, 02:53 AM
Default Germany 1990 build W124-300D

Hi Mar,
After a few weeks spending my few hours of my scarce spare time to fix as many as possible of the many non functional items on my 300D, I can now drive it without too many problems and already with a lot of comfort. I've got 3 main items pending and am looking for a bit of experienced advise. First, somewhere in the central locking circuit, there is a leak of about 0.6A and this will drain the battery in about a week. For the time being I have removed fuse "C". It could be the pump under the rear seat, but that would almost be to obvious and I suspect something more complex. Second is that my speedometer works A-OK, but the KM counter doesn't count any KM. Is that fixable or just to replace the instrument? Third is that with a full tank I only have a reading of half a tank. Sender or instrument and where to locate the sender and how to check? Than just a question related to a remark from a workshop owner.
I asked them to check under pressure my cooling system, and he said that they don't do that anymore as sometimes they blew a radiator. Is there really that much of a risk to blow a radiator (or hose) with this sort of test (its only a small hand pump to test this I think)?
I had the feeling that it would be the best way to check if there was somewhere a leak in the cooling circuit(keep it pressurized for some time and read the manometer once in a wile) ?
I look forward to your suggestions.
Thanks, Joseph

Old 05-22-2009, 06:23 AM
Default Tensioner failed

I took car to shop and found it was the tensioner I bought in January. Apparently the tensioner failed and caused it to squeal again. Replaced tensioner and works fine now.

Thanks
D!

Quick Reply: QUESTIONS ON YOUR BENZ's I CAN TRY TO HELP!!