General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

QUESTIONS ON YOUR BENZ's I CAN TRY TO HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Banned
Default RE: QUESTIONS ON YOUR BENZ's I CAN TRY TO HELP!!

I understand...sorry!!! I wish you guys and gals were in VA...then I could help you out!!!

take care,
-mar-

Old 03-09-2008, 09:32 PM

Where are the #2 o2 sensors located on a 1999 ML 430? I have replaced the two under the front seats but haven't found the other two. Thanks Wayne

Old 03-10-2008, 03:02 AM
Banned

That's a V8 engine, two on the right and two on the left... Two before the CAT and two after the CAT. I believe you replaced the one's after the catalyst.

take care,
-mar-

Old 03-10-2008, 03:51 AM

Hi my name is Sipke and I am a new member..and with two questions. I hope I am going about it the right way. I have a 2002 Merc 230 Coupe Kompressor. AUTO. I am very happy with this care and it has only done just over 70 000 kms. Hoeever some three months ago my right indicator lamp front malfunctioned and on taking it to the dealer was told this was a design fault in the car and they fixed/bypassed it at no cost. Now my left hand indicator lights is also malfunctionings and has to be bypassed I presume. Now my question is how can design faults on a fairly simple wiring and contact point grid -- in this day and age -- be misdesigned. What causes this. Secondly for the second time in six months the little icon on my dash which depicts an engine has lit up although there is nothing wrong with the car. The book says it could be a fuel injection problem, an emission problem or an ignition problem. But everything functions normally. Pray what could this be -- a merc joke maybe??? regards

uote]ORIGINAL: MASTERBENZ

ssMy name is Mar and I just opened up my own shop in Manassas, Virginia (25 miles away from Washington D.C.) specializing in Mercedes-Benz. I workedat the dealership all of my career and it's time towork for myself. If there's anything I can do to help, send me an email and I'll get to it as soon as I can.

take care,

Mar L. Barruel III, MBA (Master's in Business Administration)
Factory-Trained Mercedes-Benz Master Technician
ASE (Automotive Service of Excellence) Master Certified Technician
MECP (Mobile Electronics Certified Professional) Master Certified Technician
[/quote]

Old 03-10-2008, 07:08 AM
Banned

Yes it's true that both front headllamp assembly circuit board has a defect inside. Instead of buying a whole new assembly, we bypass it and use an outside wiring harness. It works great!! Whoever did the right side should have also done the left coz it's a known problem. Also, your CHECK ENGINE LIGHT came on. Make sure that you FUEL CAP is tight all the way coz majority of the time it's as simple as that since it's an intermittent problem. But there are a lot of possibilities the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT can come on. Front turn signal modification should be too much. I usually charge Under $200 parts and labor.

take care,
-mar-

Old 03-11-2008, 05:54 PM

hi tony,

i have been having a lot of different things going wrong with my 1998 clk320 coupe.
1. my radio volume works at its own mind. if i turn it up it goes mute or lowers or goes higer, if i turn it down it either goes mute, lowers the volume or sharply raises the volume.
2. my sunroof/moonroof when i slide it back all the way (inside the car) it will sometimes not close. leaves about a 4 inch gap. I have zero problems when i just tilt it. ( my crank does not work)
3.My car alarm had been going off at random and they had to program the software to tell the car it did not have an alarm.
4. my trunk release will not open and always has the red light luminated... ( i can jimmy the trunk open at times by pressing down on the trunk and pressing in on the trunk lock and at times i have to have the key inside the lock and turned to the left in order for it to open)
5.when i turn my wheels i hear a squeek (as if something needs to be lubricated)
6.my check engine light just came on and i got the code read and it is the EGR valve
7. .my car is developing rust spots in which i am trying to get the car repainted. ( any recommendations for the ohio area)

Are any of these things simple to fix. I have family members who use to race cars.. and they have actually built cars from scratch so he has the capability to do these things properly.
Any suggestions?

Old 03-12-2008, 05:45 PM

im trying to do a brake job on 1988 300se , trying to get the rear rotors off , any insight would be appreciated

Old 03-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Banned

It should be pretty easy. Just make sure you pump the brakes after...you don't want to have an accident. Top off the fluid, and make sure you don't overfill it. You might need a 5mm allen to remove the rotors...not quite sure on that model year.

take care,
-mar-

Old 03-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Banned

1.) As far as you radio volume problem, you need to replace the radio, which requires version coding. Try craigslist.com and find some cheap radios on there.
2.) This is a little weird coz it works when you have at tilt. hmmmmmm...probably the cable track???
3.) Sounds like the PSE is defective
4.) Sounds like the same as #3 coz their tied in with each other
5.) Maybe Power Steering Rack and Pinion or Steering Column Boot
6.) EGR Valve Assembly, EGR Pipe Clogged due to excessive carbon build-up
7.) Sorry...don't know anyone in the Ohio area...just D.C. area...

Majority of these things cannot be fix by just anyone. Even a Gas Station Tech can't do it coz of lots of version coding and programming via SDS (Star Diagnosis). I can do it coz I specialize in M-BENZ and I have the same exact diagnostic tool as them.

take care,
-mar-

Old 03-13-2008, 07:20 AM
Banned

I'm Mar...not Tony!

1.) As far as you radio volume problem, you need to replace the radio, which requires version coding. Try craigslist.com and find some cheap radios on there.
2.) This is a little weird coz it works when you have at tilt. hmmmmmm...probably the cable track???
3.) Sounds like the PSE is defective
4.) Sounds like the same as #3 coz their tied in with each other
5.) Maybe Power Steering Rack and Pinion or Steering Column Boot
6.) EGR Valve Assembly, EGR Pipe Clogged due to excessive carbon build-up
7.) Sorry...don't know anyone in the Ohio area...just D.C. area...

Majority of these things cannot be fix by just anyone. Even a Gas Station Tech can't do it coz of lots of version coding and programming via SDS (Star Diagnosis). I can do it coz I specialize in M-BENZ and I have the same exact diagnostic tool as them.

take care,
-mar-

I'm a BENZ fanatic/ business owner specializing in BENZ. I'm a Factory-Trained M-Benz Master Technician, ASE, and MECP Master Technician. I'm a former Automotive Engineer with an MBA Degree. Visit my website: www.marsautogroup.com in the D.C. area.

Quick Reply: QUESTIONS ON YOUR BENZ's I CAN TRY TO HELP!!