General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

QUESTIONS ON YOUR BENZ's I CAN TRY TO HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 08:36 PM
Banned
Default RE: QUESTIONS ON YOUR BENZ's I CAN TRY TO HELP!!

I would check Cold Start Valve, Coolant Temperature Sensor, and Fuel Accumulator. It's one of those three, but the most common is Coolant Temperature Sensor, which control Cold Start Valve via Engine Control Module. Also, fuel accumulator could be bad as well.

take care,
-mar-

Old 03-19-2008, 12:57 AM

Thank you for starting this thread from a newbie. I purchased a 1986 560SL yesterday ( in cherry condition). Everything was functional when I got it then some wierd things stated happening. Yesterday evening my radio stopped working. Today after a short drive the car would not start. I checked the battery and one of the cables had come loose. I reatached it, tightened it so it would not come loose again,then started the car and the AC stopped working while the car was running. Turned it off then tried the AC on the mid position and the fan worked just fine. Turned it back on then attempted to turn AC on and it would not function. I went to teach a class at 7:30 and at 10:00 when finished I turned the car on and the AC started to function again. What may be causing this in your opinion? Sure would like to get my radio working as well also.
BTW is there a special way to get this type of car to start in a smoother manner? I have tried no throttle at start up, throttle at start up, and pressing the accelerator one time while the key is in mid position then starting. The third way yielded the best starting response. Your suggestion? I previously owned a 300 SD turbo Diesel that I loved with the exception of the slow low end acceleration but this 560 is a different animal altogether and I love it.
Thanks for your help.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:52 AM

Thanks.

I will check these items this weekend and let you know what I find.

I have tomove a couple of Studebakers I soldbefore I can do anything else so it might not be until next week before I can start pulling parts...

Old 03-21-2008, 11:56 AM

Good day Mar,

I have a 2003 C230 Sport Coupe, the emergency brake does not always release, I pull the release and nudge the pedal with my foot it pops up a half inch or so and often releases. Is there a way to lubricate the cable, or is it typically something else in your opinion and experience. Perhaps it is sticking at the rear wheel?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Trygve

Old 03-21-2008, 02:59 PM

Hi Mar, I think that this is a great thread!

I have a problem with my UK W203. Its a 2004 (pre facelift) C180k Auto.

Recently in England we have had very strong winds, and my alarm has been going off fairly regularly. Today, my car has displayed an error message ("Display Fault, Visit Workshop"). I have the following symptoms:

The key buttons do not open / lock the car
The indicators (turn signals) do not work
When I press a button on the key, only the left hand side rear number plate light comes on, nothing else happens!
The alarm rocker button has a red flashing light which I haven't noticed before?
The fuel guage is at empty
The "range" option in the menu displays ---
My fuel cap door cannot be opened
The courtesy light does not come on when the door is opened (although it does when the key is pulled out!)
The hazard lights do not work

Despite the above, the car does seem to drive OK (bit not very safely!!). Radio, air con unit etc still seems to be working ok.

Mar, do you, or anybody else, have an idea?

thanks,
Carl

Old 03-22-2008, 05:57 PM
Banned

You said that your radio quit working?? You mean no power or with power, but no volume? A/C quit as well...hmmmmmmm. It could be related!!! First things first, check fuses, as well as the fuse boxes. Check continuity and wiring resistance. You're are going to need a wiring schematics. It's probably your fuse box that controls the A/C and radio...just a hypothesis!!

take care,
-mar-

Old 03-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Banned

It's always a good rule of thumb to lubricate, because a lot of those mechanism can stick at times. Believe it or not, the cold weather does not help. Try lubricating the parking brake mechanism!!!

take care,
-mar-

Old 03-22-2008, 06:03 PM
Banned

It seems like the Rear SAM (Signal Acquisition Module) is defective. Needs programming!!!

take care,
-mar-

Old 03-26-2008, 12:46 PM

01 mebz s 600 need instructions on pulling the cylinder head and replace the valley pan gasket
any help appricieted.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:26 PM

i need to fix a valley pan gasket on a S600 2001 i will need the setting of the crank and camshaft.any other help u can give
thanks
al

Quick Reply: QUESTIONS ON YOUR BENZ's I CAN TRY TO HELP!!