General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

QUESTIONS ON YOUR BENZ's I CAN TRY TO HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 06:55 PM
Default RE: QUESTIONS ON YOUR BENZ's I CAN TRY TO HELP!!

Hi my 1999 SL500 has an annoying AC fan motor noise, I removed the wiper, and the AC filter, I can see through the vents that the clip that holds the fan motor in place is loose causing the motor to move when I turn corners causing the noise. I removed all the bolts I can see that hold the black plastic cover in place but I cannot remove it to access the fan motor, am I missing a hidden bolt or two. Please advise how to get access to the AC fan motor to replace the clip.... Thank you

Old 04-01-2008, 03:00 PM

Mar,
I finally took my car to the dealership. They are telling me it's the Left and Right Control units. How does this differ from the CAN, or is it the same? Is this normal for this to fail?

I see it...1999 C230 Kompressor. I'm pretty sure what's happening with your car. It's shutting down your CAN (Control Area Network) System and it's using your driver's window as a default, which is common. My advice is to get checked at the dealership coz it's a little complicated than you think. There are several components tied into the CAN System, and you don't want to pay unnecessary repairs from an Independent Shop or Gas Stations. Dealerships use SDS, and they can diagnose CAN Problems on you car. I canfixyour car, but I'm here in VA., and I use the samediagnostic equipment as the dealership, and I charge a lot LESS!

take care,
-mar-

I'm a BENZ fanatic/ business owner specializing in BENZ. I'm a Factory-Trained M-Benz Master Technician, ASE, and MECP Master Technician. I'm a former Automotive Engineer with an MBA Degree. Visit my website: www.marsautogroup.com in the D.C. area.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:41 PM

I have an 05' S500 and I am getting a entry position do not drive error... Cruise dont work and i cant see any of the menus on the speedo display. Can you tell me what would cause this? Also my cig lighter and rear auto trunk is not working.... Also i am having high beam issues on the right side headlight. It will come on for about 2 seconds then go off... I have the bi xenon.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:09 PM

hello
my name is elie
i am a new mercedes owner, i bought a mercedes c230 1999.
there was no cd changer in the trunk, but the cables are there, my radio is working well...
i have two questions:
-if i get a cd changer, does it play cd burned at home or it have be the orginal...?
-isn't better to replace the original radio and put a sony cd radio for example....?
thanks previously for help
regards

Old 04-02-2008, 09:42 PM

MAR,

Thanks for offering help. I have a 2006 E350 4MATIC. My problem is this - When I steer sharply at slow speed I hear clicking sounds (fom the wheels?) and the engine lugs like it will die. This happens in reverse as well. Have you any experience with this?

Thanks.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Banned

You could actually buy an Alpine CD changer that is D2B compatible...it's a lot cheaper than the MB CD changer...

take care,
-mar-

Old 04-06-2008, 11:29 AM

Hello Mar,Glad to have you here, I have a problem with my 2002 E320 the multifuction steering wheel is not working, i checked the fuse on the left side of the dash but it's still good, my radio still works,and also my horn isn't working, pls. if you can put in the right direction , and thanks for being there for the benz drivers of the world .

Antgad

[IMG]local://upfiles/31544/5499D903F5C8454ABE3949FE5E86B661.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-07-2008, 02:12 PM

Thanks for the info on my S500. I'll see about getting the induction service done. Do you have anyway of finding vacumn leaks other then a visual inspection? Also one more problem (sorry!) when the car is cold it gets very "chuggy" when you try to hold a steady speed. once she heats up she's fine.

Thanks again
Brian.....

Old 04-07-2008, 05:23 PM

I recently purchased a 1998 Mercedes 230SLK230 Kompressor(supercharged) and was wondering if it requires a timing belt change? It has 85,000 kilometres. Also, do you recommend servicing the transmission? New filter and oil or not? If so where would I find the information on how to change the belt? Any assistance would bve appreciated.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:41 PM

JUST BOUGHT 2005 MERCEDES S500-3 DIFFERENT ITEMS DISATIFIED WITH
THE NAVIGATION UNIT IS SO FAR BEHIND THE TIMES-MY BLACKBERRY 8820 GPS FUNCTIONS BETTER
QUESTION IS-WILL THE 2008 UPGRADE BE ANY WAY CLOSE TO THE AFTER MARKET GPS ABILITIES
QUESTION #2 - VEHICLE HAS KEYLESS GO WHICH DOESNT WORK-WHEN STEPPING ON BRAKE PEDAL AND PRESSING SHIFT ****
SAYS KEY NOT RECCONIZED!!!DEALER SAYS KEYS ARE NOT REPROGAMMABLE
QUESTION #3 - VEHICLE IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE LOW AIR PRESSURE SENSORS IN WHEELS-ON OPTION SHEET-BUT INDICATION ON DASH???

Quick Reply: QUESTIONS ON YOUR BENZ's I CAN TRY TO HELP!!