General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

QUESTIONS ON YOUR BENZ's I CAN TRY TO HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 04:26 PM
Default RE: QUESTIONS ON YOUR BENZ's I CAN TRY TO HELP!!

Hey Buddy!
I got a 2004 CLK55.
When i take off i hear clicking sound coming from the rear of the car.Only on start after i hit a few mph it goes away.If i would stop put it in reverse and go slowly i would hear click,click,and the faster you go it stops.Any ideas?I'm shooting for cv joint or bushings???

Thanx!
Dean
LA

Old 05-01-2008, 12:05 PM

I have an '82 300D. When I turn on the key the glow plug relay buzzes. I does not fuction the glow plugs. I purchased one on EBay and gor the same results. I changed the glow plugs same sound. Any suggestions where to go next?
Thanks,
BobS

Old 05-04-2008, 04:51 PM

Hi Mar,
I think you are my last chance to get advise as i have tried everywhere even trying to understand the MB "WIZ" diagrams
I have a 1999 CLK 230K and both the front and rear fog lamps have stopped working.
Checked the bulbs. No power at the lamps. checked the boot cable. Checked the fuses and both are ok.
Tested that there was power to both sides of the fuses.
Any Ideas
Where do the wires go on the out side of the fuses. Is there another connector.
could it be the Switch and if i disconnect it will i need the onboard computer reset
I am confused
[/align]Any ideas please.
Thanks
Len

Old 05-06-2008, 11:00 PM

I have a 1990 350 sdl, and it would go thunk when accelrating....I assumed it was the tranny, well I was driving on the Highway and around 110 km/h, I heard the engine revving high, looked at the rpms and they were hovering around 5000, way to high, I immediaetly got of the highway and drove normal speed on the city street, did not rev high, but would do the familiar thunk here and there. Well I started it again and I could here a wierd noise, on top of the regular diesel sound..what gives? Is my tranny dying, I'm pushing around 450k km. i'm freaking out here, please help...Thanks

Old 05-06-2008, 11:13 PM

ORIGINAL: bobh307

I recently purchased a 1998 Mercedes 230SLK230 Kompressor(supercharged) and was wondering if it requires a timing belt change?
Your cams are chain-driven.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Avid Edit

Greetings,
I have a 98 c280. and when trying to start, there is no crank, just a click.
Lights etc all work.

The car has been sitting for 3 weeks or thereabouts.
Any clues, or direction ??
Thanks!
First suspect is a corroded or loose battery terminal. It'll carry the lighting load, but fails under the amperage needed to run the starter.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

guys, masterbenz is no longer answering this thread.

please post a new thread to segregate the topic.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Blondebrit

Would you know the crash rating in miles per hour on the 2005 CLK500 bumpers?

"3) What are the Federal regulations for bumpers? 49 CFR Part 581, "The bumper standard," prescribes performance requirements for passenger cars in low-speed front and rear collisions. It applies to front and rear bumpers on passenger cars to prevent the damage to the car body and safety related equipment at barrier impact speeds of 2½ mph across the full width and 1½ mph on the corners. This is equivalent to a 5 mph crash into a parked vehicle of the same weight. The standard requires protection in the region 16 to 20 inches above the road surface, and the manufacturer can provide the protection by any means it wants. For example, some vehicles do not have a solid bumper across the vehicle, but meet the standard by strategically placed bumper guards and corner guards."

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/proble...per/Index.html

That's to pass the Federal test. The lip won't pass a .00006 furlong-per-fortnight tangle with a parking lot curb. It's from The Government. They're here to help. It helps the insurance companies, who'll total the car out from under you if the bumper costs enough.
Bumpers have snot-all to do with "crash safety". True "crash safety" is only found in not crashing.

Old 05-07-2008, 03:01 AM

Hi Masterbenz,

I was wondering if you could please tell me if a C180 2001 model was a safe buy?

I've been reading how unrealiable they are and they break down often.

What is your opinion?

BTW; I am in Australia but I am sure the Mercs in the US are the same [expect the left hand drive part].

Kindest Regards
AM

Old 03-24-2009, 12:40 AM
Default 1990 300se

My 1990 300se was running fine . I replaced the thermostat. And took it on the freeway for a test run and as I was driving the rpms dropped really low, then went back up. I drove home turned it off and now it acts like it wants to start but won't stay lit! Help!

Last edited by provenageless@msn.com; 03-25-2009 at 03:14 AM.

Quick Reply: QUESTIONS ON YOUR BENZ's I CAN TRY TO HELP!!