General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

QUESTIONS ON YOUR BENZ's I CAN TRY TO HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Default Need Help!

I have a 2000 ml320. Front dome lights stay on unless you exit the vehicle and set the alarm with the remote......is there a BCM or mod that controls the domes?.......thanks......p.s...I checked the fuses,relays, removed OH console - no cut wires,push lenses will also shut off front lights.....(rears work fine)???

Old 09-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Default short

I would very much appreciate a bit of advice on where to look for an obvious short in my 1987 Mercedes 260 E. The 10 amp fuse atop the over voltage protection relay blows whenever the battery is connected. The car initially lost power under load, then a few days later refused to start. It turns out this was because there is no voltage to the fuel pump.

I replaced the fuel pump and the OVP relay but the problem persists. This fuse still blows when all the regular fuses are removed from the fuse box, when all the headlights and turn lights are disconnected, and when the alternator and voltage regulator are disconnected.

I wonder if you can tell me what circuits are controlled by the OVP relay, and what would be the most logical procedure from here? I should mention that there was, in the main fuse box, a white powder stuck to the plastic walls,, looking like it was the product of a tiny explosion centred on terminal #6 and a smaller one on terminal 'A'. I did clean these up carefully.

Thanks so much for any advice you can offer,

Michael

Old 09-20-2009, 11:18 PM

Hi,
New to this forum, I have a 2001 ML 320. The BAS/ESP light is on, and the gear shift interlock is not working (I must use the shifter lock override to get it into gear). I don't think the brake lights are working either. All fuses are OK according to my check. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I service the car myself. Thanks!

jz

Old 09-21-2009, 09:36 AM

Hello Mar,
First time caller. My 14 year old regretfully took the mirror off my 96 s420. Upon disassembly I notice the white metal bracket ( square-ish 2''x4") is broken into 3 pieces.
Part number stamped on it #222 310. Is this part obtainable? My next question is,...if I buy one on ebay , and I do see complete mirror assemblies for sale,...is make, model and year sufficient to obtain the correct used replacement? Ebay speaks of "number of pins" on a mirror assembly but without pics so I hesitate to purchase at this point from ebay.

Any input is greatly appreciated and I would be happy if you can sell me a used assembly or "white metal bracket I mentioned above.

regards,

greg ( Greg 96 s420)

ps- if you have parts,..I can be reached at 215 368 6332 EST Philadelphia area.

thank you.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:35 PM
Default seat control on drivers door is moving in the wrong direction. why?

I just purchased a 96 e320 about 2 weeks ago and found that the steering wheel adjustment doesn't work at all and the seat controls move in the opposite direction. When i pull the seat bottom button towards me the it should move the seat back but instead it moves forward, same thing when i move it up or down, they do the opposite of what i want. Could it be i need new door panel seat control or would it be the box under the seat?

Old 09-22-2009, 01:48 PM

i have a 1984 380 SEC auto and i was wondering if it is possible to change it to a manual? do you know if any mercedes manual gearboxes can replace the auto gearbox?
also my ecu has pakced up, do you know if i would have to get a ecu for a SEC or can i get one from other mercedes models as long as they are from a V8? or can i use any ecu? cheers

Old 09-27-2009, 12:00 AM
Talking Looking for first Merc Diesel!!!

I have been a long-time Volvo 240 fan (5 of them under my belt). I have loved how easy they have been to work on and their reliability. However, they don't compare (I hear) to how solid a Mercedes diesel can be. This last spring I tried my luck buying a 240D for $800, but the engine blew up less than a mile away from where I purchased it (luckily the seller gave me my $$$ back!!!).
My budget is about $8k or so. I like the early 82-85 300D Turbos and their classic lines. The newer body style after 85 looks good too. I am torn!!! I drive long distances through the desert out West here and DO NOT respond well to being stranded. What is your recommendation on year and model? (And can a regular Joe that used to tinker with his Volvo even think of wrenching on a Merc diesel? I've never worked on a diesel before). Thanks for anyone's feedback. I've got the next week or so to make up my mind.

JJohns
SLC, UT

Old 10-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Default Dignostic report fault code

My C230k 2004 sedan have a diagnostic report fault codes P0452 and P0172. A mechanic told me that had problems with the pressure sensor low input and need to replace the fuel pump assembly. I was searching the web and I find that this model has two fuel pumps one in the passenger side and other on the driver's side. Which of the two is the report? Anyone know what the replacement number for this part? And install it.
benchmark88@gmail.com

Old 10-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Smile Brake pad

Originally Posted by MASTERBENZ
My name is Mar and I just opened up my own shop in Manassas, Virginia (25 miles away from Washington D.C.) specializing in Mercedes-Benz. I workedat the dealership all of my career and it's time towork for myself. If there's anything I can do to help, send me an email and I'll get to it as soon as I can.

take care,

Mar L. Barruel III, MBA (Master's in Business Administration)
Factory-Trained Mercedes-Benz Master Technician
ASE (Automotive Service of Excellence) Master Certified Technician
MECP (Mobile Electronics Certified Professional) Master Certified Technician
Hi Mar,

Can you give me an instruction on how to change my front brake pad and rotor. I have an S430 2002. Thanks my e-mail address is georgedel46@yahoo.com. What is yours?

Last edited by georgedel46; 10-07-2009 at 02:37 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 10-10-2009, 08:13 PM

Hi,
My question is which relay controls the air conditioning in a W124 300E 1987.

Quick Reply: QUESTIONS ON YOUR BENZ's I CAN TRY TO HELP!!