Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Mercedes repair secrets

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by star_expert
All secrets of how to repair your Mercedes car as easy as 1 , 2 , 3 .
Problems in Keys
Problems in ECU
Problems in O2
Variant Coding
Airbag modifications
ATA ( Anti - Theft Alarm System )
All Star Diagnosis faultcodes repair+ Programming

All you need is just send me the problem that your car is facing , and i will send you the repair instructions.
i have an 01 c320 and the driver's seat will not move forwrd nor backwards, yet moves up and down. it is stuck forwrd. any suggestions. when i try to move it back, i only hear a clicking sound below. thanks

Old 10-02-2009, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by star_expert
All secrets of how to repair your Mercedes car as easy as 1 , 2 , 3 .
Problems in Keys
Problems in ECU
Problems in O2
Variant Coding
Airbag modifications
ATA ( Anti - Theft Alarm System )
All Star Diagnosis faultcodes repair+ Programming

All you need is just send me the problem that your car is facing , and i will send you the repair instructions.
I have a 203 (c180) Merc 2001 model. It has always had a start problem. At times when one turn the key, the car would go on then turning the key to start no responce came from the motor. Now today the car does not want to turn the key completely. Its like I am trying to use a key that was not for the car or sumthing.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Default Fan or something making some sort of light Clicking noise?? any info?

Drove up to Oakland from SoCal when i arrived fan or something was making a pretty good clicking noise sounded like it was running light on coolent or something?? anyone know anything???

Old 10-04-2009, 09:48 AM

Have a 2000 C230K set code po410 cleared with generic code reader , drove few days and it came back. I have found ever so slight amounts of rust in the check valve 0021402860 (number on Valve)
Question : Is there a reliable source for the valve in the aftermarket? am I even on the
right track?

Old 10-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Question diagnostic report fault codes P0452 and P0172

My C230k 2004 sedan have a diagnostic report fault codes P0452 and P0172. A mechanic told me that had problems with the pressure sensor low input and need to replace the fuel pump assembly. I was searching the web and I find that this model has two fuel pumps one in the passenger side and other on the driver's side. Which of the two is the report? Anyone know what the replacement number for this part? And install it.
benchmark88@gmail.com

Last edited by frankie c230k; 10-04-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Default Please help!

Hi, i've got a 230K - S Reg, and have been having the following problems:

At first, when starting the car (normally first thing in the morning) it would start but completely lose all power and be jumpy (as if it had run out of petrol) it would barely drive and felt like it would cut out, this would normally last five minutes and then the car would run fine for the rest day.

It has now been left unused for the past month or so, now it turns over and fires but will not run. We have changed plugs but still same, please help.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Default 320 ml 2001 Diagnostics ( automatic)

Hi there
I hope that you can help me. I was driving my car today and it just died, while waiting for AAA to arrive after 20 minutes of waiting it turned over fine, until then it would turn over but just not start as if it were out of petrol. Lights, radio everything worked fine and clearly not a battery issue. When I finally got it started I drove home ( approximately 8 miles ) and there were no obvious signs of trouble except the check engine light.
Can you tell me how I can get to find the diagnostic error code? Also any ideas on what might have caused it?
Earlier in the day while sitting at a light it stalled for no apparent reason but restarted immediately with no problems.
Many thanks in advance for your help.
Paaschie

Old 10-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Question how to change control arm bushings?

i own a 2001 C240. the control arm bushings need to be changed and i thought you could help me with a detailed process and some photos.
it would really help me to save probably a thousand $. my e-mail is roaldi.joco@yahoo.com

thank you very much

Old 10-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Default 97 E320 crankshaft sensor problem

After buying ATF from my local MB Dealer I parked my car on my dryway to service myself the transmission. To be able to remove the ATF from the converter and get access to the plug I move the engine crankshaft with a rachet until the converter plug was visible, perfect job and the tranny was service. Now the car do not start.
Ok. The engine crank but dont start, after looking and looking the crankshaft sensor was dirty, after a good clean job the engine start, after turn the engine off and try to start again the engine was dead, again crank and nothing. Back to the dealer I install a new sensor with his original spacer washer and the same problem, but this time, when the sensor its pull up aprox. 2mm from his original position the engine start and works perfect but the engine do not acelerate, hesitate like needs gas, obiously the signal from the sensor its not syncronized (I think).
I try to give you the hole picture of the problem, at this point I dont know what its wrong so please any tip or idea of the solution will be appresiate.
Thanxs
mbenz66

Old 10-12-2009, 10:33 AM

Hello Star_Expert, hope you can help me with my problem.

I have a problem with my rear wiper: it works fine but the water squirt no longer does. I've had the pump tested and it's fine and as the wiper works, I'm guessing the link between the switch and the pump is OK so that just leaves the switch itself.

What do you think the problem might be and how do I fix it?

TIA

Quick Reply: Mercedes repair secrets