Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Mercedes repair secrets

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 10:20 AM
Default disgustedBenzOwner

Originally Posted by DisgustedBenzOwner
I have 2002 c320 wagon that has really been giving us hell the last two years with the same reoccuring problem. The car drives ok for about 10 to 20 minutes or less; then when you come to a stop light/sign, it shudders and dies out. I restart the car and as I slowly press on the accelerator it threatens to stop; until apply more pressure, then it jumps speed for awhile. then, the car starts to flutter and threatens to stop; most times it does and all kind of warnings appear on the screen. I can't drive it on the freeway, because it will die out; so on surface streets I have restart over and over to reach my destination. I have spent over $2500 so far with various MBZ independents; who keep playing guessing games as to what the problems is....crank sensors, battery, air flow sensors, etc....nothing corrects the problem and I notice the car really acts bad when it is very warm outside.....can anyone shed some light before we take a sledge hammer to this car. We desperately want to trade this vehicle in, but car will not make it to car lot without breaking down.

Thanks,
DigustedBenzOwner
What about the fuel pump, the fuel pressure, filters and so on????

Old 09-15-2009, 04:18 PM

Starexpert,

I have an 04 SL55 and the SRS light went on. This occured while driving in a spiral garage ramp 3 floors. In doing allot of research here and all over the web i may have identified the problem only, after causing another. First, the presumed reason - i had my briefcase (laptop) and cell phone on the passenger seat. Which, i hear that may haved triggered the Baby Smart function thus causing the SRS light. I will take it in in the morning and hopefully will find that to be the issue.

Now, for the currrent issue. When the SRS light came on my radio volume, CD error and No Sat error appeared on my command screen. So, i started checking fuses to no avail. Now my Keyless go and door locks do not work. So, i disconnected my battery and re-connected it only to find that my stereo has all of its functionalities back.

The only issue now is the damn Keyless Go... Is there some sort of re-training or resetting i must do? The key works the ignition and the fob works the doors however, i have to hold it right next to the handle. Yes- i did replace the battery in the fob just in case. Still no Keyless Go.

Please help...

Thank you

Old 09-16-2009, 04:10 AM

Hi there, I had a similar problem with my '96 C230 Kompressor. After a couple of replacement bits, I had the OVP relay replaced and that did the trick. It was under the bonnet in the far right corner below the windscreen under a cover. I have been trying to find the post i put on here describing my faults at the time re which warning lights were on, cutting out etc, alas cannot find it. However the OVP relay sorted it. Was about £220 total tracing fault and replacing with merc part (all in) from the main dealer.
I hope this helps if you have not already sorted the problem.
Best wishes, Matt.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by star_expert
All secrets of how to repair your Mercedes car as easy as 1 , 2 , 3 .
Problems in Keys
Problems in ECU
Problems in O2
Variant Coding
Airbag modifications
ATA ( Anti - Theft Alarm System )
All Star Diagnosis faultcodes repair+ Programming

All you need is just send me the problem that your car is facing , and i will send you the repair instructions.
Wow, some MB owners really do have that "executive syndrome" I heard about... Star_expert hasn't posted on this forum since 2007. My first clue was the "banned" by his name. Follow that up with a post search, and bam, June, 2007 was the last post. Just a thought, but I don't think he'll be back on here to answer your questions.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:21 AM

Thanks - IDidnt read all of the post... Lazy i guess...

Old 09-23-2009, 10:29 AM

where does oil filter locate for c230K?

Thank you for your help

Old 09-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Default C230 with AC woes. Very little air coming out of registers

I have a 1999 C230 that has very little air coming out of the AC registers despite the fan blower switch set to 5, the highest setting. What air IS coming out of the registers is not cold air. I have noticed that when the engine is turned off, what sounds like a vacuum door ('blendor' door) drops making a loud thud noise. The noise is coming from above the passenger side floor board, under the dash. Ideas?

Old 09-27-2009, 02:36 PM

EC light wont turn off, I have regassed it ant it is stil not working. There does not look like there is a leak. Please I would realy apreciate some advice as I am scared of the possibly cost to come o put this right. the heating is not working properly either. PLEASE PLEASE HELP.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:33 PM
Default Access to fuel filler door lock

On E320 it is accessed by pulling out right-side liner inside trunk - by right trunk support hinge. Visible electric triggering module needs replacement.

Originally Posted by lizardjack
Can uhelp with the info on how to access the tank locking mechanism on mb c280 of 97th w/L6 engine.
I hear the noise of magnetic lock of the tank when I try to lock/unlock the car but it looks like it's slightly bent and the tip doesn't come out.
Tried to do it from the trunk but all I could see was inner boarding.
Any drawings would do a great help as well. lizardjack@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:08 AM
Default s400cdi egr valve problem

hi, I´ve problem with EGR valve in my S400cdi, it always goes in "limp mode" after few seconds running, is there some way to fix that without changing the whole piece?

Quick Reply: Mercedes repair secrets