Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Mercedes repair secrets

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 06:39 AM

Hi, I hope you can help me. I was away and accidentally left my phone charger plugged in and came back a week later to a flat battery. Thing is....now my key fob wont work and the central locking does not work when I use the metal key so I have to go and lock everything individually. I have been told I must get the fob re coded but have heard prices of 1k to do this? I read something about putting new batteries in the key fob and then with it in the ignition hold the 'lock door' button down for about a minute and it should be ok. Just getting new batteries today but am dubious!
Its a CLK 320 '03 elegance model.
Would appreciate any info/ help.
Thanks

Old 08-21-2009, 07:30 AM

Hi star_expert,

lately my trunk won't open (locked).

But it works fine when I get to the car after my working hours , when it is very HOT outside (35 Celsius), and the car has been parked for the whole morning.

Mine is a C220 CDI wagon W203 year 2003

Is anybody having this weird issue ??

If it works with hot temperature....means that the lock mechanism is working fine ...right ??

Do you have any idea ?

THX Rick

Old 08-22-2009, 08:06 AM
Default 2006 c230

Hi! I am new to this site and was wondering if you could tell me how to clear the scheduled maintanance code out of the instrument cluster? any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 08-22-2009, 05:30 PM

My , 2002 C230 Sport5 Coupe will not start. Trying to troubleshoot the hatchback switch and now it will not start. Cranks fine, just will not catch and start the motor, other electrical things seem to be working, all fuses ok.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:36 AM
Default c230 not running right

Originally Posted by star_expert
All secrets of how to repair your Mercedes car as easy as 1 , 2 , 3 .
Problems in Keys
Problems in ECU
Problems in O2
Variant Coding
Airbag modifications
ATA ( Anti - Theft Alarm System )
All Star Diagnosis faultcodes repair+ Programming

All you need is just send me the problem that your car is facing , and i will send you the repair instructions.
i have a 1999c230 mercedes = my problem is -when i first start it up it misses and does not take the gas = then it will clear out and run good for all day = but this morning it missed all the time i was driving it - check engine light on = oil in the throttle body =just changed the pcv valve =cleaned oil from mas and throttle body = oil came back= coumperter says bad valcume leak =#1 cy l missing =can anyone help.. thanks

Old 08-25-2009, 11:41 PM

Star Expert...Newbie here.

I am sending this post for my father. He has 1977 Mercedes Benz 450sel 4.5l (he said it was the small V8) that keeps overheating. He lives in queen creek AZ (maybe that’s why it keeps overheating. lol)
I am in the Army and I can’t help my father out except some internet leg work....

They have replaced the water pump, thermostat, clutch fan and reservoir tank, and the radiator rodded and flushed, and still no luck. It keeps overheating. They are thinking maybe a head gasket could be blown?? I told him he should try the reservoir cap and they r going to take the thermostat out and make sure it is not defective.
Does anyone have any suggestions on possible cause for the overheating? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thank you all for your help
sgtlarsen@yahoo.com

Old 08-26-2009, 01:10 AM
Default ABS, ESP, and BAS alert all together

Hello Star Expert. Thanks in advance for your help.

its for my 02 CLK 430. When I got it a month ago, I ran a checkup by mercedes and everything was fine. Since last week, from time to time, with no apparent reason, the ABS, ESP, and BAS lights go on , all 3, and the alert beeps. Sometimes I drive 50 miles with no alert, sometimes as soon as I start both 3 go on alert. Very often i stop the engine, and restart and they go away. Sometimes they come back. But in all cases all 3 alerts are together, either off or on, never one alert alone. Any idea?

Old 08-27-2009, 04:05 PM

i have a c220 cdi avontgard with a couple of problems. front left head lamp wont work , case and blub are fine ! , lights stay on all the time . boot lock makes lots of clicking noises when its being opened!! hope someone can help!!

Old 08-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Default 2002 C230K driver door sensor problem

I''m having the same problem. Any luck?
vwpassatng@hotmail.com

Originally Posted by SpecialK
Hi I have a 2003 C230K nad am having problem with the driver door locking sensor. Sounded like it fell inside the door right before problem started. i was hoping to take the door skin off but am conserned about the air bag in door. any thoughts or pictures advice etc...
also was considering buying the dvd manual any thoughts there?
loefflerrr@hotmail.com

Old 08-29-2009, 10:17 AM

Hi how are you We allready meet over the msn. Im interested in mb infrared key programming for newer cars like w211, w203, new s class and so on. Thank you. And could you tell me which tools i need for it.
I have mb star, upa programmer, beeprog programmer, seeprog programmer, soon i will have motorola xprog-m programmer also.

Quick Reply: Mercedes repair secrets