Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Mercedes repair secrets

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 10:14 AM

change the crank sensor

Old 02-26-2009, 11:35 AM

I had an accident a while back and the whole left frount wheel assembly et al was replaced. Now about a month later (after repairs) when I make a right turn the error message "BRAKE - see repair shop" comes on. After I stop and restart and then drive making any number of left turns no problem/error message comes up! As soon as I make a right turn the massage reappears. My car has only 40K miles on it and I wonder if there is a sensor that could be open/closed or loose that gives me this error message. Any help there?

Old 03-05-2009, 03:22 PM

Do you know where i can find the extended activities module on a 2004 ml?? Thanks

Old 03-05-2009, 03:24 PM

We have a 1995 c280. We have lost central locking & starter functions all at same time any ideas!!

Old 03-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Smile Open Hood light sensor

Hi,
I have the ''hood open'' icon always on when I start the car. I am looking for the sensor causing that problem. Do you know where to look under the hood. The problem is that the wipers won't work when the car is running but not moving.
It is very annoying to not be able to use the wipers when I am at a stop light.
My car is a C230 Kompressor Coupe 2003.

Thanks in advance for any help you might provide.

Moonraker007

Originally Posted by star_expert
All secrets of how to repair your Mercedes car as easy as 1 , 2 , 3 .
Problems in Keys
Problems in ECU
Problems in O2
Variant Coding
Airbag modifications
ATA ( Anti - Theft Alarm System )
All Star Diagnosis faultcodes repair+ Programming

All you need is just send me the problem that your car is facing , and i will send you the repair instructions.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:27 AM
Question 99 c280 obd ii code

My car keeps showing p0446, evaporative emission control system vent control circuit malfunction. It comes right back after i clear it. The car is running fine. Any ideas? Thanks for your help in advance. The email address is, msc11738@yahoo.com.

Thanks again

jon

Old 03-06-2009, 02:22 PM
Default transmission/shifting issue?

I hope you can help with what seems to be an unusual problem with my 2007 CLK 350. I've tried taking it to the dealer, but unfortunately they cannot "recreate" the problem, so I've been told there is nothing wrong; however, I know otherwise. I'll attempt to describe the problem the best I can: It doesn't happen all the time, but occasionally when I attempt to accelerate while already moving the transmission sometimes fails to downshift, or doesn't respond at all. I say respond, because I would assume if it slipped into neutral or at least held the same gear I would receive some response from the vehicle when pressing the accelerator such as RPM racing, or if it held the same gear, slow acceleration. But what actually happens is that the vehicle just seems to "glide". It doesn't slow down, but definitely doesn't accelerate, I basically receive no response even when I floor it. This only occurs when I'm already moving and lasts anywhere from 3-5 seconds of utter unresponsiveness. Eventually, it sems to "wake up" and downshift and ride normally. Only occurs between 20-40 mph... usually at worst time, when attempting to merge into traffic! Again, I have a 2007 CLK 350; P2 with sport package with 18k miles. Dealer can't recreate, and keeps telling me there is a "normal" delay in gear changes in any automatic, but I know this is definitely not normal and borderline dangerous. Any help or insight as to what may be wrong is greatly appreciated. I really like the car, but am becoming frustrated. Thanks again!

Old 03-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Default transmission/shifting issue?

Hopefully you can help with what seems to be an unusual problem. I have a 2007 CLK 350; P2 with sport package with 18k miles. I've been to the dealer several times with no resolution. Summary of problem: Doesn't happen all the time, but occasionally when I attempt to accelerate while already moving the transmission seems to fail to respond or downshift. When I press the accelerator, RPM does not increase, power does not increase; car simply seems to glide for around 3-5 seconds. Vehicle is definitely not slipping into neutral, as there is NO RPM increase, even when floored. It seems as though the accelerator is not communicating with the engine. Eventually, usually after repeated mashing of the accelerator, it seems to "wakeup" and accelerate. Speed is usually between 20-40mph; generally happens at the worst time, when attempting to merge into DC traffic! Dealer can't recreate, and keeps telling me there is a "normal" delay in gear changes in any automatic, but I know this is definitely not normal and is borderline dangerous. Selector is in "S" mode. I appreciate any insight you may be able to offer as this has progressed to beyong an annoyance. Thanks again!

Old 03-07-2009, 08:02 AM
Default CL63...dealership can't help

Anybody out there know if I can stop the dashboard display defaulting to the odometer when I turn the car off and open the door...can the default be turned off to leave the display on the readout that it was on?? Thanks

Old 03-11-2009, 07:55 AM

Hello Star_expert,

I have a 2002 ML500 that has an intermittent problem. Every now and then looses power as if gas wasn't getting to the engine. When taking off I step on the gas and it takes about 4-5 seconds to take off, and then gradually starts gaining on power. Most of the time when I turn the car off and start it again the problem goes away, but then it starts happening again?

Bad fuel pump?

Quick Reply: Mercedes repair secrets