Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Mercedes repair secrets

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 03:50 PM

2001 C240. Seat control module drains the battery in 2-3 days. I looked underneath the seat and found a bunch of plugs. 4 in the back and 2 or 3 in the front. Which ones do I disconnect? Someone mentioned here that you can splice a wire that is for keeping the seat control on after the car if off, and that should fix the problem. Either way I am completely lost. Any pictures of the steps needed would also help.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:10 PM

2003 C 320 - The brake pad sensor light came on. I replaced the front pads. Do I need to also replace the brake pad sensor with new sensor or can it be re-used ? Does the brake pad warning sensor go out automatically or must it be re-set with a computer?

Thanks for your assistance!

Old 01-19-2009, 11:31 PM

Hi, can you tell me how to reset the service display on a 2006 C350?The display says the service is overdue.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:27 PM
IKE
Default C320 2001

I have replace the battery & alternator so i went to get it inspected & it would not pass saying not ready on some of the test.
The guy told me i would have to drive it about 100 miles before it would pass since all codes were clear due to the replaement of the battery , i drove it 100 miles most of it hwy. Still would not pass .
It thier anyone that knows how many mile hwy or in town .it will take?
Try to mercedes but no one will call me back, service dept sucks.
Any help, thanks

Old 01-21-2009, 11:55 PM
Default Brake Light Bulbs

Make: 2001 C320

It seems like a have a wiring malfunction/prob with my brake lights when I screw one bulb in the other goes out and vise versa these are all brand new too. I am 100% that they are the correct bulbs. The trunk light quit working as well when the trunk is opened. Whats it sound like to you? About how much is a prob like this to fix and can I take it anywhere else cheaper?

nbrock_85@yahoo.com

Also I had my brakes replaced and the indicator keeps saying brake wear visit workshop, anyway to reset it without going into the dealership? Sensors were added on afterwards, this still didn't turn the light off. Funny how the brakes were so bad b/f I had went in and there was never a warning light until AFTER the brakes are fixed. The guy who fixed them said there were no sensors on the previous pair. ??? They work fine but the dealership would charge 60 to turn off the light b/c they would have to look at them they said. I think it may just need turned off b/c it pops up right when the car starts without me even having to push on them to activate a sensor.

Also ESP visit workshop light coming on about 1 minute after take off. Has been for months now. Nothing seems to trigger it no braking or turning just going to the road or even with the car just sitting in park.

If you could help me out in any way it would be much appreciated!

Old 01-28-2009, 07:29 PM

my 2001 C240 will not start. The lights, radio, etc come on. when the key is turned it sounds like it is trying to start but it never tries to fire. What is going on....i was told it could be the starter. Any good advice? Thank you

Old 01-29-2009, 03:41 AM

Cool!!!!Those things were getting quite annoying.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:15 PM

Long story short guy's. I have a 2002 C240 Sedan. I was doing normal driving before the holidays and it was very cold. The car had a mid range whine at start, but I thought it might be the power steering fluid being low. At any rate whine stopped when car warmed up.

Upon exit from interstate after normal driving all day, car seemed to go into limp mode,and I made it home very slowly of course. I took the car to my local mechanic and he has dropped the trans pan. He tells me that there are metal shavings in the trans fluid and someting probably broke. His suggestion: Used Trans: $3750.00 They also stated that when the car was warmed up inside, it was fairly o.k., until puled back out in the cold and once again NO GO. Fluid level was o.k. according to mechanic with MB dip stick tool.

My question is this. The car never had any isues prior and the trans had not had a fluid change since I have owned the car. Two Years. Milage is 75,000. The code that he found was Trans slippage, internal failure ?

What if anything do you guy's recommend. Could it be the front pump ? I would really like to avoid replacing the trans if I can have the issue fixed. I would hate to replace the trans and still not know the true issue that caused the failure.

HELP PLEASE !

dhwentinc@comcast.net

Old 01-30-2009, 07:43 AM

Hope you can help as no-one seems to reply to my posts.
I have a 1989 C250 turbo diesel 5 cylinder. All of a sudden the remote central locking doesnt work and also electric windows, interior light, centrol locking, mirrors etc. I lifted the passenger carpet to check if any module wiring was loose and found a module covered in a oily substance. Don't know where oil came from but disconnected the battery so I could disconnect the module and clean it. I also fitted a new radio while the battery was out. I then reconnected the battery and everything works great. Even the doors lock when you reach 10mph. Is the module under the carpet the Comfort module and if this happens again, would you say its faulty and would disconnecting the battery clear the fault?
The battery has been tested and is in great condition. I'm sure that the car is going to return again to everything not working so any help is greatly appreciated. Many Thanks.

Old 02-01-2009, 11:34 PM
Default Low idle on 97 E230

hey glad someone could be help. i have a 1997 E230 and when im slowing down or sitting at the lights in drive it idles low and causes the car to shake a bit and every now and then it causes it to stall. idle sometimes sits as low as 500 revs. i have recently changed the spark plugs and also sometimes it struggles to start unless i have my foot on the accelerator a bit. please reply back on debono55@hotmail.com regarding this issue thanks heaps...

Quick Reply: Mercedes repair secrets