Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Mercedes repair secrets

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Default RE: Mercedes repair secrets

I have a 98 c280 sport and need the change the motor mounts.Any sugestions on how to do this?I have just done my 93 Volvo 940T and it wasnt to bad.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:29 PM

I have a 2000 C280, that was showing a bad MAF and a cylinder 5 miss fire. I replaced the MAF and then I restarted. No MAF code but cylinder 5 miss fire code. I swapped coils and wires between 4 and 5 and now the car will not start. Won't even turn over. I swapped the parts back and replaced the wires and plugs for position 5, still no help. Any suggestions????? Thanks

Old 04-01-2007, 03:28 PM

Ok heres the deal. I have a 94 C220 benz. Having a bit of an issue. Turning into a nightmare. It started with a miss and I replaced the coilpacks due to the spark on cyl 2 and 3 being weak. The harness to the coil packs was becoming bare due to some good wires that were used and the insulation flacking off. It seems that benz used biodegradable wire on it's harnesses during a few years and I have one. Replaced the ignition wires and plugs. Next I found that injector 4 wasn't firing and no change when it was unplugged. Looked at the wires to the injector and the insulation was turning to dust. Redid the wires to all 4 injectors by insulating them as far back in the main harness as I could. A couple of questions. How can I test the circuit goin to the injectors? Using a test light doesn't work on any of them. How do I test if the injector is bad? Are there fuses or relays in the injector circuit? Plugs are firing well.

Old 04-19-2007, 08:48 PM
c43

Hi, Star Expert. I have an a/c problem! Had system charged and it cools great for about 5 mins. after starting car, then compressor shuts off and will not restart until car is switched off then restarted. I pulled the code from the climate control unit and got a 459 which is (instrument cluster/emergency compressor off)! Is this an easy fix or does something need replacement? Oh yeah; car is a 1999 C43 AMG! One other thing, the phenumatic seats don't work, panic feature will not work although led flashes on remote when panic button is pressed, and lastly the foglamps do not come on when exiting the car! I know its alot but I wanted to give you a complete synopsis since these symptoms may be related! Thanks in advance for your help!!

Old 04-23-2007, 04:33 AM

Hello, star_expert.

The following was posted as a separate topic but I'll paste it here in the hope that you can help:

Our 2002 C230 Kompressor SportCoupé sunroof recently stopped functioning. The sunshade will retract but the sunroof will only tilt up about a quarter of an inch without reaching the point of sliding backwards. No malfunction warnings are appearing in the display.

A visit to the local dealer (Stahl Motor Co., Inc. in Monterey, California) resulted in a estimate of $3700.00 to replace the entire roof! A second opinion from atrusted local shop (Greg Bean Auto) failed to offer up any other solutions.

I would appreciate any suggestions or comments. Thank you.

Andy

Old 04-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Default 1997 C230 eratic trans shifting and vac leak

My 1997 C230 shifts very eratic, if left in drive and excelerated normally it will act as if it is in neutral when shifting into 5th gear and it does simular things when starting off in 4th.It drives down the road great it doesn't slip once it is going down the road.It also has what sounds like a vac leak under the dash on passenger side that only happens when the a/c is turned off.It is coming from a little box with about 8 colored vac lines going to it.What is this box? It also gives the code PO700. Can anyone help me figure out something?

Old 04-25-2007, 07:36 PM

Star_expert, my c230 show indication that my gas cap is open and it's not , check engine light comes on and it read p2032....what would that mean... NOTE: even after clearing code and fxing the p2032 the gas cap message came back.......

tks

Old 04-26-2007, 03:15 AM

Star_Expert,

I'll take you up on your offer. I recently bought my first Mercedes for my wife. It is a 2002 C320 Wagon. Great except for one small problem. She would like the Panic feature to work. I get all the right visual signals when I lock it up but I've tested the audio by opening a locked door (opened window) manually. Flashing lights but no siren. Same for Panic selected fom the remote. I see that the PSE has been selected as a possible cause by you for other alarm problems. What other things should I check? I've already checked the fuses under the hood and in the back - all seem ok. This is the only problem that I have withthis car. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Dave

Old 04-26-2007, 08:16 AM
c43

Hi, Star Expert. I have an a/c problem! Had system charged and it cools great for about 5 mins. after starting car, then compressor shuts off and will not restart until car is switched off then restarted. I pulled the code from the climate control unit and got a 459 which is (instrument cluster/emergency compressor off)! Is this an easy fix or does something need replacement? Oh yeah; car is a 1999 C43 AMG! One other thing, the phenumatic seats don't work, panic feature will not work although led flashes on remote when panic button is pressed, and lastly the foglamps do not come on when exiting the car! I know its alot but I wanted to give you a complete synopsis since these symptoms may be related! Thanks in advance for your help!!

Old 04-30-2007, 03:49 PM

Thank you for offering to help and I am hoping that you can. The problem that I am having is that I need to swap out the coils in my 1995 C220 but I can't figure out a way to do it without taking everything apart. As you know the coils are located between the pipes of the intake manifold and from what I can tell I don't see an easy way to get them out. First of all the bolts are hard to reach because of interference from the throttle linkage hardware and even if I could loosen them I don't see how they would come out. I know that there is some clever way to do this but have not been able to find a description of how to do it even in my WIS2006. Can you help? Can you send me some detailed instructions for this repair?

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

Quick Reply: Mercedes repair secrets