Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Mercedes repair secrets

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 06:25 PM
Default wiring harness

I have a 95 c220 that runs fine except for idle fluxuation now and then. Should i expect to have to change the engine wiring harness in the future or is this problem not as widespread as this fourm would have you believe?

Old 02-22-2007, 06:21 PM
Default RE: Mercedes repair secrets

Ihad this problem occur twice on my 2001 C320. The latest one was a couple months ago. Both times I replaced the battery, which didnt help. There should bea recall for this problem.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:10 PM

Hello- looking for any info on dealing with a brake service light and any stuff to look out for when doing pads and rotors for a C 240- Looks like only the passenger side has the sensor and i orderd one if it has to be replaced. Done lots of brake jobs just not any MB before-

Thanks in advance,danny

Old 02-23-2007, 06:16 AM

2 lights, green and red on the mirror worked as they suppose to... Green flashed when car was being unlocked and red while locking it.
Till this morning, when I tried to unlock the car both lights remained to flash simultaneously exactly 30 seconds same happened when I tried to lock the car.

Old 02-24-2007, 03:37 PM

I have a c200k, and when i loke the car with the key the indicator lights keep on flashing rapidly until i open the lock again with the key. Occosionally the alarm goes of for no reason. the only way to lock the car is with emergency key. i have tried both sets of keys but the same thing happens

any help would be appreciated

Old 02-27-2007, 11:31 AM

how to repare Mercedes Benz C220D fuel Pump 1995 year?

Old 02-27-2007, 01:54 PM

I've had this 1994 C280 for the last 6 months and it runs very smooth, changing gears at it supposed, at around 3000 rpm. Lately, I noticed that with no reason it changes from 4th to 3rd gear (at around 45-50 mph), causing the engine to rev, and it won't change back to 4th. If I put it to neutral and then to D, it take over from the 4th, as it should.

I tried spraying the kickdown switch with W40 and pumping it a few times, still doesn't help.

Any ideas on what may cause this problem and how much it would cost to fix?
Mileage is some 124k and I know from the previous owner that tranny fluid was changed some 10k miles ago...

Thanks for the expert advice.

Old 03-03-2007, 08:25 PM

hi i have two questions you might be able to help me with

the car i have is an 1998 c200 imported from japan to ireland and my first mercedes

q1 the radio is set for the japanese frequencys is there way to change it to euro frequencys by entering a code

q2 whats the procedure for programming a blank remote keyfob to start the car and lock/unlock it
and can i do it

thanking you in advance
gary

Old 03-08-2007, 07:17 PM

i dont believe this
its like a mechanic floating around (in a bright white boiler suit) waiting to help. before hand
thank you
i have posted one problem i have so i will follow the forum rules and leave that one where it is for now
i drive a uk reg c180 esprite 4 door
on the dash instrument panel you have 4 like led panels the centre ones are for milage and trip mileage the right hand one is a clock i think not sure what the left one is, this is the problem the left hand one and the right hand one dont light up, can you tell me are there bulbs behind these or is it as i say led displays thats blown or a inline fuse if so how do i go about getting them back on, removing the wheel and lower driver panel is not a problem its what i do after that,
cheers
more silly ones like this to follow if your up to it LOL

Old 03-12-2007, 12:58 PM

During winter, the heating in my 1996 c280 pumps out cold air and sometimes pumps out hot air. It works unpredictably. What could be the problem and what is the remedy?

Quick Reply: Mercedes repair secrets