Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Mercedes repair secrets

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Default RE: Mercedes repair secrets

ToStar Expert:

Yes it does work when its in idle...what does that mean?

Old 02-13-2007, 04:11 PM

f1fan,
Had same problem with my 2001 c320
purchased new battery but it would be dead if I did not drive it every day.
Took it to dealership and they found that the power seat was draining the battery.

Replaced power seat control module...final cost ~555.00

did anyone else have the same problem??has there been a recall on the seat modules??

Old 02-13-2007, 05:02 PM

I had the exact same problem. Took the car to MB dealer to "reset" the SRS light after battery change. After charging for 1 hour diagnosis ($130), they said the "Seat Recognition Sensor" (SRS) had coincidentally malfunctioned when the battery went dead. This particular SRS module resides under the passenger side seat to detect the weight of the passenger and therefore, adjusts the force of the airbag. The dealer quoted me $550 for part and labour. I gave the SRS description and vehicle identification number (to obtain the part from MB) to my mechanic friend and he will do the job for $350 part and labour. My suggestion is that if you know a local mechanic, check w them to see if they can do the work for less.

Old 02-16-2007, 03:07 PM

hello, i have kompressor 1999 and i can not lock/unlock it unless i am right next to it, how can i change the batteries, if it is tha case?
thanks

Old 02-16-2007, 03:15 PM

1995 C220 that occasionally stalls and dies when coming to a stop. The car doesn't seem to want to keep the RPMs up to where it should. Drops to below 500 and then dies.

Thanks

Old 02-16-2007, 06:20 PM

Hello.
I have a 2000 Mercedes C280.

Ever since someone closed the trunk, it's never been able open. (from the remote infrared fob, in-car switch, or with the key (the key won't fit in the hole))

Any ideas? I think it was closed too hard. There are no sounds to indicate it's at least trying to open.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Old 02-16-2007, 07:05 PM

The battery is not the main problem in that case , the malfunction is in the receiver unit inside your car .If the batteries was dead , you can't lock/unlock the car.

Old 02-16-2007, 07:09 PM

To : Cgooch

Your problem is the Idle Speed actuator , replacing the idle speed will solvethe problem .

STAR EXPERT

Old 02-18-2007, 03:24 PM

Hi star_expert:

Thank again for your advice. Same 2001 C320. I took it into MB dealership and they said the SRS sensor for the passenger side seat had malfunctioned. Reading all the other blogs here, this SRS sensor seems to draw a lot of battery power. My car battery went dead again last week after 2 days of non-use.

My battery is charged back up again but I've scheduled the SRS sensor to be replaced this coming Friday by a mechanic friend of mine. In the meantime, is it possible to maintain the battery charge on my car "without disconnecting" the battery terminals? It is a real hassle because of the filter (and its difficult clamps) that sit on top of the car battery. I've seen "automatic" battery chargers on the market that stop charging to avoid overcharging the car battery. I just purchased on last night. The so-called "smart charger" that I bought states that it can charge car batteries even if the battery is still installed in the car.

The MB manual however, states that the battery must be disconnected from the car before charging.

What do you think? Can I charge my car battery w/o disconnecting it from the car (which is what I prefer)? Could it cause any damage to the electrical system if I charge up the battery w/o disconnecting it from the car?

Old 02-18-2007, 06:26 PM

To: f1fan

It's not a good idea to charge your battery while the battery is installed in the car .Because in that way , you are changing the voltage of the battery from 0V to 12V and all electrical components are reading malfunctions during that process . The right way is to charge the battery outside the car , then reinstall it .

Quick Reply: Mercedes repair secrets