Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Mercedes repair secrets

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 10:42 AM
Default A/C problem

I have a 2003 C230 Sport Coupe, and I am told my Evaporater is gone, how big a job is it to repair that, I have been quoted over $2,000.

Is that really the cost for job such as that?

Thanks

Trygve

Old 05-19-2009, 10:19 PM

I have a 2002 C Class Sport Coupe. The LED information display panel near speedometer goes blank and I cannot read any of the information. Is this caused by a loose connection or is the panel defective. Is there an easy replacement or fix for this? I sometimes can read it, but it is very dim and I have turned up the light level, it is all of the way up. Thanks

Old 05-23-2009, 03:10 PM
Default S class 320 cdi cluster faulty

Hi,
I have a 2001 s 320cdi which has now developed a problem with the custer unit, nothing is working although the indicators and lights are working but i can only see this if i look outside the car. the dash isnt working at all. The mirrors are alo not working.

Could this be a fause issue or does this shound like a faulty cluster?

Old 05-23-2009, 04:19 PM

i have a 2000 cl500 and when i turn the key in the ignition the car will not start all the lightgs on my dash come on but there is no noise from the starter or any thing

Old 05-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Default s 320 cdi cluster unit failure

Hi,

I have a 2001 s320 cdi with a faulty cluster unit, the lights and indicators come on but you can only tell when you are outide, cant see nothing in the dash board. The speedo doesnt come on niether can you tell if any anything else is working. The side mirrors are also not working.

Hope you can help.

thanks

Old 05-28-2009, 08:13 PM

hi Sir, i am a new member of this forum. and i think that this forum is a big help to everyone with MB cars problems. i just got a 2001 c240 , and just discovered that whenever the speed reaches at 50, the steering wheel start to shake from soft to hard and vice versa, and can fell the vibration on the gas pedal. so i bought a brand new set of alloy rims and tires and its still doing it. tried to take to MB dealership for rebalancing and they said that the wheels are perfectly balanced. so i got the car for a front end inspection, but everything is in perfect shape. i have no more idea where the shake and vibration is coming from

Old 05-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Unhappy steering shake and vibration at 50 kl and over

Sir, i am a new member of this forum. and i think that this forum is a big help to everyone with MB cars problems. i just got a 2001 c240 , and just discovered that whenever the speed reaches at 50, the steering wheel start to shake from soft to hard and vice versa, and can fell the vibration on the gas pedal. so i bought a brand new set of alloy rims and tires and its still doing it. tried to take to MB dealership for rebalancing and they said that the wheels are perfectly balanced. so i got the car for a front end inspection, but everything is in perfect shape. i have no more idea where the shake and vibration is coming from at whenever the speed reaches at 50, the steering wheel start to shake from soft to hard and vice versa, and can fell the vibration on the gas pedal. so i bought a brand new set of alloy rims and tires and its still doing it. tried to take to MB dealership for rebalancing and they said that the wheels are perfectly balanced. so i got the car for a front end inspection, but everything is in perfect shape. i have no more idea where the shake and vibration is coming from[/quote]

Old 05-28-2009, 08:43 PM

check to make sure the struts are ok and also check the front subframe bolts. id like to look at this car myself to see whats going on. your sure the tires are ok? steering shaft bent from an accident? wheel bearings?

Old 05-29-2009, 11:57 AM
Lax
Default Light Sensor issues

Hi,

I drive a 2001 C320. It appears as if my light/rain sensor is not working properly. The problems all started when I had to get my battery replaced. I leave light setting on AUTO and when it gets dark, nothing happens, no lights come on. I've taken it to the dealer and they say I need a new light/rain sensor. I am ready to buy the sensor but is there any other setting I should check before I buy it? Also, how easy is it to install the sensor? I was told it is a "plug and play" but was under the assumption that it would need to be calibrated to adjust to the windshield and light sensitivity settings.

Thank you!

Old 05-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Default steering shake and vibration at 50 kl and over

Originally Posted by johnny walker
Sir, i am a new member of this forum. and i think that this forum is a big help to everyone with MB cars problems. i just got a 2001 c240 , and just discovered that whenever the speed reaches at 50, the steering wheel start to shake from soft to hard and vice versa, and can fell the vibration on the gas pedal. so i bought a brand new set of alloy rims and tires and its still doing it. tried to take to MB dealership for rebalancing and they said that the wheels are perfectly balanced. so i got the car for a front end inspection, but everything is in perfect shape. i have no more idea where the shake and vibration is coming from at whenever the speed reaches at 50, the steering wheel start to shake from soft to hard and vice versa, and can fell the vibration on the gas pedal. so i bought a brand new set of alloy rims and tires and its still doing it. tried to take to MB dealership for rebalancing and they said that the wheels are perfectly balanced. so i got the car for a front end inspection, but everything is in perfect shape. i have no more idea where the shake and vibration is coming from
[/quote]
HI, Iam agree with chassis221, there are a lot of things to chek, but those are the most important, also check the rotors and the rust in the wheels.

Quick Reply: Mercedes repair secrets