Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

saying my good bye's

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 11:06 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: saying my good bye's

MB/Techman

I've been lurking around this thread for a while and here goes.

Everyone needs some form of entertainment, for some of us it's these forums, Sunday Football games, golf on TV, etc., for others it's addictive behaviors or worse. All forms of entertainment CAN become a problem. YOU know if playing on the computer is. Try to sit back and take an objective look at your behavior. Log your time on line. Examine what others see in you. You may find it educational and it will give you power. Power? Yes, because having your wife's perspective and understanding of this issue allows you to have the upper hand on a solution without just giving in.

My experiences have taught me that we have to balance our own play time with the needs or desires of our loved ones. Perhaps you wife is feeling like she is competing with the internet for attention and feels hurt, even if she won't admit that to you. I know you have done this before but...You may try finding another activity you both can do so she feels more included in your life. Then she will be happy to let you play more on your own. What have you got to lose? This has gone a long way for me.

All people really want is to be loved and paid attention to...and buy sh%t to play with.[sm=bling.gif]

If you let someone else dictate their terms to you, you will pull away making the relationship worse. We are all like that. Let her know you understand that! ASK her what the real issue is. Please let me know if I am close.

Good luck! Drew

PS: It is possible though that your relationship is not worth saving. This process will tell you that also.

Old 07-27-2005, 12:23 AM

www.benzcounciling.com
Thank you for the read, and honesty so far. This is very interesting.

On a random side note-
I find it interesting now being a member on this mercedes forum......
i mean before i owned my car i had a honda and went to all the honda forums, and alot of ppl who are on those forums are idiots...period.
And on this forum and club202 etc everyone has steped up the conversation level as most ppl who own benz are very intelegant people who have very interesting things to say.
image this post on any other forum youd have every other idiot posting crap
( did i just describe myself :-) )

Old 07-27-2005, 02:36 PM

No, No, No, I haven't touched a firearm since Vietnam, and I have no desire to. Killing was a terrible thing, even when you got paid for it.

Old 07-27-2005, 02:38 PM

No, no I haven't touched a firearm since Vietnam. Killing is a terrible thing to do, even when you get "paid to do it."

Old 07-27-2005, 02:39 PM

Yes, this is a very interesting forum, Also, if you join The Mercedes Benz Club Of America, they have good forums also, not as personal, but good solid car stuff.

Old 07-27-2005, 03:40 PM

Hey, fine. Jump off a bridge, then.

Old 07-27-2005, 04:43 PM

Why would I want to do that? Serves no purpose, to me, but would to her. I did asked her as part of the settlment to change her name back to her "maiden" name. As my father's family has been in this country over 140 years and I don't want is tarnished by her. I can make her, but this is important to me.

Old 07-27-2005, 05:58 PM

Why would I want to do that?
To put yourself out of your misery. Make sure she's standing below you when you jump.

Old 07-29-2005, 11:17 AM

ORIGINAL: BikerDrew

MB/Techman

I've been lurking around this thread for a while and here goes.

Everyone needs some form of entertainment, for some of us it's these forums, Sunday Football games, golf on TV, etc., for others it's addictive behaviors or worse. All forms of entertainment CAN become a problem. YOU know if playing on the computer is. Try to sit back and take an objective look at your behavior. Log your time on line. Examine what others see in you. You may find it educational and it will give you power. Power? Yes, because having your wife's perspective and understanding of this issue allows you to have the upper hand on a solution without just giving in.

My experiences have taught me that we have to balance our own play time with the needs or desires of our loved ones. Perhaps you wife is feeling like she is competing with the internet for attention and feels hurt, even if she won't admit that to you. I know you have done this before but...You may try finding another activity you both can do so she feels more included in your life. Then she will be happy to let you play more on your own. What have you got to lose? This has gone a long way for me.

All people really want is to be loved and paid attention to...and buy sh%t to play with.[sm=bling.gif]

If you let someone else dictate their terms to you, you will pull away making the relationship worse. We are all like that. Let her know you understand that! ASK her what the real issue is. Please let me know if I am close.

Good luck! Drew

PS: It is possible though that your relationship is not worth saving. This process will tell you that also.
very well said ..but i love my wife ..just had 10 th wed annv..went on cruise..going again in nov 24th thanks giving time ...going to have a blast again ....but wont be able to post my wild pics here anymore.....

Old 07-29-2005, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

MB

Good luck with your issues! Life IS too short to sit around getting fat. Enjoy your trip. It is the perfect opportunity to find out more about your wife and yourself.

Thanks for the compliment.[sm=guilty.gif] Perhaps I should open a relationship counseling forum. My background includes a psychology education. [sm=badidea.gif]

Quick Reply: saying my good bye's