Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drivers side window:suggestions/help pls.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 06:20 PM
Default Drivers side window:suggestions/help pls.

Hello all,
New to the forum. I don't see any sticky with how to's so have to post this out to y'all.

I've got a C 230 2002 that has no response in the DR side window. I checked the fuses and nothing wrong there.

Is this a known problem, either way any ideas on what to do to fix, cost involved?

Thx to all.

Old 05-30-2006, 11:12 PM
Default RE: Drivers side window:suggestions/help pls.

I just went through the same situation, but with the rear passenger side window. You may need a window regulator and/or a window motor, however, I do not know enough to diagnose these issues. The authorized private garage I use charged me $102 each for a window motor and regulator + labor costs. I was fortunate enough to have an extended warranty, so I only had to pay the deductible.

You mentioned your C is a 2002. What is the mileage and is it possible that the factory warranty has not expired? My suggestion is, if you are not sure about the expiration date of the factory warranty, go to a dealer near you and ask them to run a vehicle master query/index to determine when it expires. This query/index will also tell you what types of repairs/service has been done to your car.

This forum is a great source of help for just about every matter you could think of for your car. Ask if anyone knows of a top flight private garage in your area.

Best of luck.
Al

Old 05-31-2006, 02:55 AM
Default RE: Drivers side window:suggestions/help pls.

I don't know how much of diy person you are but sometimes, you don't even have to replace the reg or motor. sometimes it's just the junctions. A bad solder or a loose wire there. Many problems with the speedo window, locks, etc are solder joints that have gone bad. Might want to check it out