General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

QUESTIONS ON YOUR BENZ's I CAN TRY TO HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Default need new brake pads

Originally Posted by MASTERBENZ
My name is Mar and I just opened up my own shop in Manassas, Virginia (25 miles away from Washington D.C.) specializing in Mercedes-Benz. I workedat the dealership all of my career and it's time towork for myself. If there's anything I can do to help, send me an email and I'll get to it as soon as I can.

take care,

Mar L. Barruel III, MBA (Master's in Business Administration)
Factory-Trained Mercedes-Benz Master Technician
ASE (Automotive Service of Excellence) Master Certified Technician
MECP (Mobile Electronics Certified Professional) Master Certified Technician
How about recommending a good aftermarket set of brake pads... front & rears are about 85% worn on my wifes 07 GL450 (21K miles on odometer)

Old 07-02-2009, 09:23 AM

Hi Mar,
I have a C200 CDI uk spec. Just enquiring what would be involved to install the merc car kit!! Sat nav and all buttons for phone are there as standard but don't believe the wiring for the phone is there. Would like to hook up phone through central console!! Any advive what would be involved?
Thanks
Pat

Old 07-02-2009, 01:30 PM
TDS
Default BAS/ASR Causing me to freak out!!!

Mar,
I have a 1998 SL 500. I store it each Winter to keep it from seeing the Michigan elements. During the colder garage months, I start the car every two weeks or so and have been doing this for the past 3 years. This past year the battery went dead. I put the charger on the battery (in the car) and after about 2 hours I started the car only to find the BAS/ASR light on. The idle (as you probably know) continually fluctuates and there is no response when I push on the accelerator (except the fluctuating idle now increases interval speed). I have been all over the internet with questions. I have replaced the battery, I have replaced the serpentine belt, I have replaced the stoplight switch, I have turned the steering wheel all of the way to the left, right and then left again to attempt to zeroize the hopeful ghost fault. I have also connected a computer gadget under the dash to try and zero out the codes. I recieve a code of P0507 but the code will not zero out causing me to think there is still something wrong. It seems to be something simple because it was just all of a sudden there after the battery went dead. Can you help with this issue. I'm about to go stir crazy and yank all computers, wiring and engine out and install a basic Chevy motor in it with a five wire system. I have called the Mercedes dealer for guidance and they just told me it could be any number of things which I expected a response like that. I don't want to have to call a flatbed truck to pick it up only to find I'm being charged multiple thousands for the Mercedes dealership to use process of elimination to find the fault or problem.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Unhappy C180 Coupe auto 2003 uk spec

Hi,
I have the above car and have recently has my front discs and pads changed.
Since then there has been a very strange grinding/ grating noise coming from it sounds to me like the front middle under neath the dash and centre console when i accelarate.
I have had it back to the garage where I had the work done and they cant find anything, I have also had it to the dealers who also say they cant find anything and told me it is in tip top condition!!!
I know that there is something wrong( I just don't know what) as you know your own car and the noises your used to and this isn't one of them.
Some one has mentioned that maybe it could be the prop shaft.
Does any one have any idea's as I love my car and want to repair it before it's too late and turns into a very expensive repair job.

Thanks

Old 07-04-2009, 11:37 AM

Hi There MasterBenz,

I have just joined this forum, and I wish I had joined years ago!! I have a problem with my current car a slk 55 amg. Due to work or should I say the lack of, I have just moved to the United Kingdom from Europe to place myself in suitable employment. Hence I find myself stuck with a current issue you may have time to advise me on, due to UK road laws I have to have a rear right hand side fog light and I have to adjust my headlights to suit the UK also, I have spoken to Mercedes Benz UK and to be quiet honest with you not much joy...Do you know if this is something I could do myself to satisfy the legal requirements of this country. The car is EU built specification, hope you are able to help.

Kind Regards

JMSLK55

Last edited by JMSLK55; 07-04-2009 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-04-2009, 12:29 PM

Can I supercharge my 03' C320?

Old 07-06-2009, 08:05 PM

Hi MASTERBENZ,

I'm a new comer.....and I have 2005 C240(sedan) with about 10,400 miles now.

Reecently, the tilt steering wheel halt only "up & down" though everything else is working in perfect.

I really appliciate if you would help my out this happening.....or repair cost?

Thanks!

Old 07-07-2009, 09:43 PM

I am in need of a rebuilt starter for my 1958 219. I would appreciate any help finding one or an armature for the one i have. Thank you.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:56 AM

Hi MASTERBENZ,

I'm a new comer.....

I have 2005 C240(sedan) with about 10,400 miles now.

Recently, the tilt steering wheel halt "up & down" and everything else is working fine.
I still can hear some mortor sound when I try to set the wheel down.

I really appreciate if you would help me out this happening.

I went to Benz Dealer, they said that I have replace some kind of rod?.....and the estimate is $1,000(parts & 4 hours lobor).

Living in Hawaii, the lobor fee at the deal is $125 per hour now.

Thanks.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:31 AM

Mar:

I am novice but enthused. I have 1998 e430 sport. I am long overdue to change spark plugs. Is this hard. I have the tools and the aptitude for it but maybe not the time. I have heard it takes hours due to configuration. Any instructions with photos appreciated.
Jay 404-226-3178

Quick Reply: QUESTIONS ON YOUR BENZ's I CAN TRY TO HELP!!