General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

QUESTIONS ON YOUR BENZ's I CAN TRY TO HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by strat804
Masterbenz, I just got this s320 and all power windows are not working. All other power options work. I can't locate a fuse for the windows but checked window lift? Is there a certain fuse for the windows or relay I should check for. Any help is much appreciated.
I have 98 S320 that had rear drivers door replaced. Apparently, the shop took battery out prior to door replacement. The windows acted strangely. Car on lower each and hold down 3 seconds once down. This seemed to reset the power controller. Do this for each window. Not sure if this will fix your issue but it did mine.

Jay

Old 07-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Default why?

Hello, I am trying to get information on a 1988 mercedes e300, the car stalls every so often then restarts after a couple of minutes, I brought it to two mechanics and they could not find the problem, can you help please?

Old 07-14-2009, 09:09 AM
Default Prospective Mercedes owner

Hi I am considering buying a used Mercedes R type or used GL 450. I Am a little leary about buying one though. I am hoping you may be able to help me make up my mind. I'm 40 rears old and have been doing all of the maintenance and repairs on all my own vehicles because I enjoy it and find it rewarding. With that said I need to know what repair manuals you would recomend. I am fond of HELM inc for the vehicles I have now as they have signifiantly empowered me to make all the repairs I have ever needed to make. Is there a good retail parts supplier I shoud know about. Also are you aware of any chronic probles with either of the formentioned vehicles I shoud be aware of. Also I generally keep my vehicles for 10 years or better and what concerns me is that I don't seem to see many older mercedes on the road (er maybe I would'nt know them if I saw them). Thanks in advance for your time.
Sincerely. John

Old 07-16-2009, 11:56 AM
Default Mercedes are too complex and expensive for hobby repairs

I just picked up a E320 which is near mint. Still, it is already a nightmare with the legendary problems all these models have.

Mercedes tries way to hard to put bells and whistles on even the most simple system, and soon finds it has designed a rat's nest of wiring and interdependent components. They are the antithesis of the Keep It Simple Stupid design philosophy.

These cars need constant repairs in shops with the oh so special Mercedes tools it takes to diagnose even the simplest problem. The mechanics are prima ballerinas who think checking a dip stick requires a round of applause (and $75.) My girlfriend drives a Subaru that is like...10 years old or something. She beats the **** out of it. Guess what? It is 90 degrees today and her AC works and mine just quite with some electrical error. Hmmm.

When I get rid of mine, I will go back to the turn the key, drive the car, and actually be SURPRISED when something does not work model.

If you want a car to constantly worry over and spend cash on, MB is your ride. Just be careful what you ask for, when you get hit with bills in thousand dollar increments. Ouch.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:47 PM

question: i have a 2000 S430 a few months ago i left my front passanger side window open..it rained now nothing on that side works, window seat controls mirror..any idea of what went wrong

Old 07-20-2009, 12:16 PM
Default HELP it wont start

here is the issue, we put a new motor in the car and all is right with that but it has no spark. IT does have fuel but it wont start. My hubby think that we did something to the anti theft system but I reset it like the book said and that did not work. We tried everything that has been sugested or talked about. There is no way to get to a dealer it is too far away. Do you have any sugestions that might help. Is there a master reset to the anti theft system that resets the system? Thank you

Old 07-24-2009, 02:12 PM

Hi,Im Mark from south africa i own a mercedes benz c230 kompressor sport with 135000km
The low water level light came on a while ago, i filled the water bottle up with +- 1 litre. After 2 weeks the water level has not dropped and temp. is normal, but i started the car one weekend and it idled with a misfire and then after about 10s the misfire dissapeared after a furtherer 2 weeks the water still has not dropped and no signs of a misfire. This is very weird should i worry about this? please if any one has any info please email me @ markvanrooyen01@gmail.com

Old 07-25-2009, 12:10 AM

im new here but have one question and cant find where to post. have a 91 300d. power window on passenger side is stuck in up position. to remove need to lower it but cant because its stuck. what can i do to get it out?

Old 07-29-2009, 06:39 PM

I have a 2004 clk 320, beautiful car, garage kept. I have a tinking noise coming from my car. I love to drive with all the windows down and the tinking starting about 1 1/2 years ago., while at the MB dealer for maintenance they didn't hear the noise. I had the car at 2 other places since then and the last shop ,acknowledged the noise but cannot figure out why. They took off the dust covers thinking there may be a stone stuck, but that didn't help., noise has gotten a bit louder, it used to stop when i applied the breaks, but not any more, it's constant, as speed picks up so does the tinking. The shop suggested getting the rotors replaced with the next brake job ( brakes are in great shape right now). Is there anything you could suggest we check besides replacing the rotors and b/t/w how often should the rotors be replaced.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:19 PM
Default No power to fuel pump in 1984 500 SEL

Hey Mar, first of all, this is really nice of you to offer this help. I'm not too far from you down here in Chapel Hill, NC so the next time I get up your way, I'll stop by. Now, on to the problem. I have a 1984 500 SEL that used to purr like a kitten. Now, it won't start. I put a meter on the fuel pump connections on the pump and get no voltage when cranking. I checked the fuses but there doesn't seem to be a fuse for the fuel pump. What's up with that? I know where the fuel pump realy is (I think that's the one with the "5500 kickdown" on it.) Any ideas where I should start looking? I have an extensive background in auto mechanics so you can talk fast and I will follow you. Thanks again for doing this! I really appreciate the help.

Chris

Quick Reply: QUESTIONS ON YOUR BENZ's I CAN TRY TO HELP!!