Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Quiznos Sub

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 02:42 AM
Default RE: Quiznos Sub

Well then, I wonder what kind of bar you're talking about that smells like urine and is smoke-filled?

I'm talking about places like Bennigan's or Applebee's. The places in the town square in Gainesville are equivalents, but aren't chains. There's a nice micro-brewery by my house that's also a fine steakhouse restaurant. These places have no smoke and no urine smell. They're very clean, pleasant, family-friendly, and serve good food.

Old 04-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quiznos has always been overpriced and over rated

Old 04-05-2006, 06:01 PM

I saw the commercial for the Prime Rib Sandwich...and damn it, I am going to go try one no matter what it costs. It just looks too good to pass up. mmm mmm.

Old 04-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Lugnut

Well then, I wonder what kind of bar you're talking about that smells like urine and is smoke-filled?
Since I don't smoke or drink anymore, most of 'um.

I'm talking about places like Bennigan's or Applebee's. The places in the town square in Gainesville are equivalents, but aren't chains. There's a nice micro-brewery by my house that's also a fine steakhouse restaurant. These places have no smoke and no urine smell. They're very clean, pleasant, family-friendly, and serve good food.

Those places are around here too, but a $10 lunch that I have to sit down for is a rare oportunity. My time is just too limited most days.

Old 04-06-2006, 10:15 AM

Since I don't smoke or drink anymore, most of 'um.
Then why do you go to smoke-filled, urine-smelling bars? You must if you know how they smell and what the air is like. You won't eat their food, whatever it is. You won't quaff their drink, whatever it is. And you don't smoke, which is good, BTW. I guess bars are different in the NW? They ALL smell like urine, or now, "most of 'um" do.

Those places are around here too, but a $10 lunch that I have to sit down for is a rare oportunity. My time is just too limited most days.
I wasn't asking if those were up there or whether you had time to eat lunch in them. I know we touched on that point, but we went past it. I was using them as examples of restaurant bars that don't smell like urine and aren't smoke-filled, because you said all bars are that way. Are they in the NW?

You're really hard to have a conversation with. You keep shifting and sliding and morphing what you've said or meant. Like you say one thing but you really mean something else. But it's hard for me to determine whether you don't say what you really mean or you change it after you say it. That's what makes it difficult for me to follow you.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

OK. Let me explain. I do have a hard time staying focused some times, A sugar issue.

Since I quit drinking, I don't go to any bars any more since "to me" they have a foul odor. That is why I don't eat in bars any more. Just my beef and probably not reality to most patrons. One of my favorite restaurants is The Rock Bottom in Portland, which IS a micro brew, and is non-smoking and very clean. All the microbrews here, and there are many are good places to go.

Our discussion was about where to go for good food. Yes, all areas of the country have great places (other than primary alcohol establishments) I just don't have much time during the day to enjoy them.

As for dinner places, I prefer seafood when eating in a nice place and I enjoy Ruth Chris's for steaks.

Washington outlawed all smoking in bars and taverns, most places are abiding by it and the restaurant industry decry-ed the law.

Old 04-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Default RE: Quiz nos Sub

this is a no smoking county, so that stench is gone.

am allergic to cigarette smoke so, it was a breath of fresh air to me.