Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Quiznos Sub

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 11:55 PM
Default RE: Quiznos Sub

It tasted good. The Prime Rib sub is a hot sandwich with lots of gooey cheese just like I like it.

They also have bread bowls filled with soup that I wanted to try. They look really good. Four kinds of soup. I don't know if I will or not. I didn't check the prices.

Old 04-04-2006, 12:41 AM

just the way i like it too.

quiznos is about the same in price as steak escape or penn station.

depends upon the size (half or whole) and whether you get double meat or not.

i also like their chicken carbonara and the black angus...mmmmm mmmmm good!

i haven't tried the soups yet. don't get to eat at quiznos very often.

if there is a max & erma's close to you, you have got to try them. it is one of my favorite places to eat at. in fact, hubby is taking me there tomorrow for our 19th wedding anniversary.

tortilla soup & giant soft pretzels. yum, yum, yum.

Old 04-04-2006, 01:39 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Lugnut

I like Arby's, too. My favorite isn't even a roast beef sammy, though. I like their Market Fresh BLT the best. Some curly fries and a Jamocha shake and I'm rockin'.
I like the turkey, and ditto on the Jamocha and hot fries.

Old 04-04-2006, 01:45 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Quiz nos Sub

I don't know what happened, but it's hard to find a BBQ place anymore down here. I only know of one and it used to be a Big Boy's or something. There aren't any roadside places like there were when I first got here in '02. They must be illegal now. They're all shut down.
Sadly, I think most of us don't have too much time to actually sit down in a restaurant for lunch so we grab a quick bag of "Pre-****", install it and get back to work, a little less hungry and certainly not satisfied.

We have Shari's restaurants here that do a good lunch and breakfast crowd because all the others are gone. A few mom and pop's are left, but I don't have time to wait for my order there. All of us need more time I guess.

Old 04-04-2006, 01:47 AM

I haven't seen a Penn Station, Steak Escape, or Max and Erma's here or anywhere I've been. Those are all new to me. We have Philly Connection here that makes traditional Philly cheesesteaks. I love those. Subway is the only other sub place I know of here. I can do without them, though.

Old 04-04-2006, 02:01 AM

There are a few (not very many) decent restaurants around here. My idea of decent is home cooking, Southern cooking, or something unique but not "gourmet" and ridiculous. Gainesville, a small town close to me, is the "Chicken Capital of the World," or at least used to be. No, really. There's a monument to the chicken in the town square. It's illegal there to eat chicken with a fork. Anyway, the old downtown square was restored and it has some really nice eclectic bars, restaurants, and various shops. I like it there. There's nice food and nice drink there and outdoor space in the square. It's small Southern town-style, not a wild night club place.

Old 04-04-2006, 02:10 AM
Super Moderator

Lunch is one thing I have to do in a hurry which makes my selections s short.. I find it hard to find a decent home cooked meal unless I make it my self. I guess it just hat those kind of meals are not that popular. We have large smörgåsbords that have all you can eat dinners with everything you can think of... home style. They are a little bland and are VERY popular with people of all ages.

I hate eating in bars do to the smell of urine and smoke. Even if the food is good, the atmosphere is well, poor.

Old 04-04-2006, 02:32 AM

I'm talking about nice restaurant bars in a nice neighborhood, not biker bars. Geez. These are bars where people pee in the toilets and flush them when they're done. Smoking is banned in all public places in Georgia, except for bars that do not allow children. Those aren't the good places to eat. They have pickled eggs in a huge jar sitting on the bar and crap like that. Good restaurants allow children.

Anyway, you can call ahead and have a meal waiting for you at most restaurants. Just carry some menus in your glove box.

Old 04-04-2006, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

i just can't bear it.

this is a mouth wattering topic. eating is my weakness.

Old 04-05-2006, 02:29 AM
Super Moderator

I don't drink or eat in biker bars. I don't fit in...

Anyway, you can call ahead and have a meal waiting for you at most restaurants. Just carry some menus in your glove box.
There's a good idea!

Quick Reply: Quiznos Sub