Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Bush or Kerry?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 08:59 AM
Default RE: Bush or Kerry?

Which third party presidential candidate would you vote for in 2004?

Old 08-27-2004, 04:14 PM

Either libertarian or green. It doesn't really matter too much these days, as they seem to be slowly forming an alliance. There was some article not too long ago where the L's and the G's got together to talk, and found they agreed more than they disagreed on things.

The others are just a little too kooky or flaky, even for me Especially that natural law party, whoa, you really need to be high on some sort of drug to read that platform right.

Old 08-27-2004, 06:26 PM

Interesting. I would never think to throw Libertarians and Greens in a pot a call them the same. Libertarians are more like Republicans and Greens are more like Democrats. I'd like to read that article.

Ralph Nader has run as a Green and toyed with it again this year. Neal Boortz is a Libertarian. Can you imagine the fireworks should those two run into each other? A matter/anti-matter collision comes to mind. They don't think alike politically at all.

But my question, though it wasn't clear, is who would you vote for that has a chance in Hell of even having a chance to run, let alone win? It doesn't look like Nader, the strongest third-party candidate, will get on enough state ballots to even run for president.

Old 09-03-2004, 09:35 PM
Super Moderator

am just testing if i get 3 stars upon reaching 501

Old 09-06-2004, 03:04 AM

ORIGINAL: Lugnut

Interesting. I would never think to throw Libertarians and Greens in a pot a call them the same. Libertarians are more like Republicans and Greens are more like Democrats. I'd like to read that article.
As you say, Greens and Libertarians have essentially no common ground. Greens want sweeping legislation on every level to protect the environment, and Libertarians are essentially anti-legislation on all levels. Almost everyone has some points of disagreement with the Libs -- mine includes their faith in our good citizens and big business to do the right thing in regard to the environment. I am drawn more and more to the Libertian party as time goes by, but would like to see them take a more moderate stance in regard to both drugs and environmental issues.

Old 09-06-2004, 03:06 AM

ORIGINAL: sleepwalker

am just testing if i get 3 stars upon reaching 501
I'm still waiting for an explanation from the management here as to the whereabouts of my 50+ missing posts. It's been a long wait....

Old 09-06-2004, 03:24 AM
Super Moderator

somehow GWB anti-terrorism works for the past 3 years already.

perhaps, RUSSIA and the rest of the world understands him now, and why he is doing it.

...it is better to follow a strong man with the wrong system than a weak man with the right system.

horsepower's point was down too.

Old 09-07-2004, 02:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Lugnut

I believe our friend is referring to the **** Green Party. Talk about a bunch of sick puppies.....

Old 09-07-2004, 03:45 PM

Yep, you're right. Now it all makes sense. Ls and Gs are the same. Dopey me.

Old 09-27-2004, 01:19 AM

People,

if you workfor a living and don't enjoy paying taxes then you have to vote for W. Remeber millions of people on welfare count on you to get up every morning and punch the timeclock so they can collect a check from uncle sam.

Quick Reply: Bush or Kerry?