New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Master Tech here to assist

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Default 1989 560 SEC....Help IAN...

Dear Ian,

I have been reading your post and you must be an angel....Happy Holidays.

I have a 1989 560 SEC. I have recently (3days ago) changed fuel filter, plugs, wires, distributor, and rotor. I changed the valve cover gasket yesterday as there were slight leaks. Also, I removed all fuel injector lines and soaked overnight in carburetor cleaner.
The car starts beautifully. However, upon applying the gas pedal the engine stutters and bucks/backfires before arriving at a smooth continuous rpm. Also, once I remove my foot from the pedal the engine does not idle...it stutters and cuts off. I have a manual that says at certain points to "Adjust Idle." how the heck do you do that. All my research so far shows that there is no "Idle Adjustment Screw." It all point to the "Idle Control Unit" which is $2150 from Mercedes!!!!!
I am about to drive from Atlanta to NJ on Thursday, but obviously have some problems. Please, any help would be great!

Thanking you.....Trinidad99

Old 12-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Default Blower motor problem

Hello

I have a 1991 300SEL and the blower motor isn't functioning.
I pulled the assembly out and I am wondering if there is a way to test the motor on a work bench to make sure it's the problem.

I did through a volt meter on the wires going to the blower motor and they were hot, that's why I'm assuming the motor's shot.

Thanks for any help.

Old 12-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Default s600 thermostat

Originally Posted by IanRoodt
I just signed up... for two reasons.

1. If there are any questions that I can help with on here it will help both you with what ever problem with your car, and me stay sharp with work.

2. To make new contacts in the Mercedes world.

I am new also, still not sure how to reply. My 1996 S-600 runs cold in the
winter and hot in the summer, am thinking thermostat.

I did coachwork wood refinishing for years.

Old 12-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Default Thanks

I just tester the blower motor by touching a couple of wires to it from the battery and the motor works perfectly.

Now, it's back to the drawing board.

Any one have any suggestions?

Old 12-09-2010, 07:50 AM

Hi,

I have a SL500 1995 which when the windows go up after the doors are closed the car almost kills, it also has a very rough idle and at night when all the lights are on the idle is even more rough? Any ideas?

Old 12-18-2010, 10:44 PM
Unhappy w124 problem

hi Ian,
i am new to this site.
my 1991 w124 experiencing sluggish accelleration and gradually fail to start until new sets of spark plugs fit in.the problem comes back again after a week or so.it starts off with poor idling or engine stalls when the air cond switched on or off.
i ve renew fuel regulator valve,idle air valve,voltage protection relay,rotor arm,
have checked the airflow sensor,temp sensor,cold start valve.
what should i check next?
please help.thanks

Old 12-20-2010, 03:42 PM
Default Selling Black Max

I have an 1988 300E that I must sell. Max looks great; body, grill, bumpers, wheels and tires are perfect, considering he is 22 years young. Only 169K miles. Needs catalytic converter, some elctrical work. Interior needs some TLC I never found time to get around to.
Anyone willing to give Max a good home please let me know.
314-910-3326

Old 12-20-2010, 05:58 PM

I have two benzes never had problems although now my car will not start the baterries are brand new trunk and engine compartment also changed the batteries in the keys and remote!!!2003 sl55what can i do next dont want ot tow it the car is in pristine condition!!

Old 01-02-2011, 05:12 PM

Hello Ian. I just went out to start my '97 C230 and the ignition and steering are locked up. I can not move the gear out of 'park' either. There hasn't been any trouble starting it recently and I just drove it earlier today. Any ideas? Ignition or antitheft?

Thanks, Amy

Old 07-17-2011, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by IanRoodt
I just signed up... for two reasons.

1. If there are any questions that I can help with on here it will help both you with what ever problem with your car, and me stay sharp with work.

2. To make new contacts in the Mercedes world.
Hello,
I need to replace my alternator. It's a 300 SEL 1991.

Any suggestions on how I go about it would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS

Quick Reply: Master Tech here to assist