Mercedes SLK Class All Mercedes SLK Roadsters.

Alarm Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 06:33 AM
Default Alarm Problem

Please help,have just purchased a 2000 SLK 200 & have a few probs.First thing I noticed when I got the babe home was the interior lights,when selected on the roof module to operate with the doors,were on all the time & didn't time out so it wasn't as if the door switches were at fault.Secondly the boot light dosn't illuminate & has 12vlts on both wires.Thirdly when u select to disarm the motion sensor on the dash the led does not light & sitting in the car when locked with the fobs the led flashes but when the doors are opened the siren don't work.pulling the alarm fuse in the engine bay at this point sets off the alarm siren.Have looked at the unit in the boot & it does look like it has had water ingress at some time have sprayed with Electrolube but to no avail PLEASE HELP THANK YOU ! ! !

Old 11-08-2007, 01:41 AM
Default RE: Alarm Problem

Hi,

Welcome.

Simple. PSE dead due to water ingress/corrosion at the white multi plug connector. Blue deposit = copper salts due to moisture? Classic symptoms.

DIY job. 15 mins. No special tools but PSE is moderately expensive. Located RHS of boot under floor in foam "bag".

This specific PSE problem is unlikely to be repairable even by an expert since the main logic chip gets scrambled.

Payup time I'm afraid.

Stuart.

Old 11-08-2007, 04:23 AM
Default RE: Alarm Problem

Hi Stuart,thanks for your reply does the new ECU have to be coded & will I have to go to a Merc dealer to get one.Chris.