Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Alarm! Alarm! Alarm!

Old 01-10-2006, 07:55 PM
Default Alarm! Alarm! Alarm!

I've got a 1997 P'reg C180.

I unlock the car with the key fob, door pins go up, rear view mirror green light flashes & indicators flash. open the door, and the ALARM goes off!!

close door, have to wait the 20 odd seconds for it to shutup. I lock the door, door pins down, indicators flash & rear view mirror flashes (GREEN though, in the manual says its meant to be the red flashing for locked).

same everytime. So now i attempt maybe locking the car with fob then unlock door with normal key. ALARM is off as soon as that doors opened!

Owner manaul = Useless (only states the use of the alarm & not troubleshooting)

Does anyone have an idea of what i can do, possible key fob battery problem (would the car actually unlock if it was dead?), a way of turning off the alarm (under bonnet perhaps) so i only use the normal key for entry. at least that way i could get it to a garage.

There is no way for me to get into my car!!! please HELP!

Old 01-11-2006, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Alarm! Alarm! Alarm!

did you try to disable the trunk switch?

Old 01-11-2006, 01:58 PM

I don't want to interupt those of you helping mercstyled, but I have a question....

I bought my 1997 C230 used, and since the day I bought it about 2 years ago, I have never seen evidence of a car alarm. I have the red/green flashy lights, but my alarm has never gone off. I called the dealership some time ago reguarding this, and he told me this was a standard feature of my car. Where can I look to see if I have an alarm? Maybe the previous owner turned it off?

Old 01-11-2006, 06:46 PM

Im not sure if i have a switch for the disability of the trunk.
The only interior button i have on the dash is a picture of a window with a padlock inside it. The main thing i want to have done is a disability of the alarm (siren), obviously it would be great to sort the problem, but at the moment i cant get in my car to go anywhere. i would'nt mind just locking the car with the key.

car is w202 design c180 classic P '97.

Old 01-11-2006, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

it is integrated inside the PSE

disabling it is more difficult than just fixing the small problem.

other features that will show you got alarm is the presence of interior motion sensor and anti-towing switch.

Old 01-11-2006, 11:09 PM

i hav'nt got the switch for motion sensor/tow-away protection..

i dont really understand what you mean by this PSE stuff. is this something i can do easily? would you be able to explain more on how i can overcome this problem.

nice 1