Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another W202 alarm question; how to disconnect / disable W202 C class alarm

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 08:00 PM
Default Another W202 alarm question; how to disconnect / disable W202 C class alarm

Hi I know there are loads of threads out there about W202 alarms that randomly go off, but non of them seem to give a definitive answer as to how to actually just disconnect the alarm. Well, except for one that tells you to disconnect the two smaller connectors on the module behind the carpet on the right side of the boot (ie. in the right side quarter panel) and then says that didn't work, so you actually need to disconnect a module further back in the boot, which I don't have.

Now first of all, I have a 1998 S reg W202 C250 TD and the alarm seems to go off randomly while the car is parked up, and sometimes simply walking past the car triggers it. But only my hazards flash, which suggests the previous owner disconnected the siren at some point. Also, there is a little plastic bracket next to the fuse box in the boot (next to the spare wheel) which another member seems to have a little green box attached to, with wires coming out of the bottom of it. But I only have loose wires going up to the bracket from underneath it, that aren't connected to anything.

Secondly, the reason I just want to disconnect the alarm altogether is because I'm not willing to spend any more money on the car. I've just spent loads on small annoying issues and spending more would not be viable considering the age and value of the car. So I simply just want to disconnect the alarm now. What's more, it seems to be popping off a lot more now than it used to and its draining the battery more and more frequently.

Can anyone help? I'm looking for either a quick cheap fix (which I know is hard to say without checking the car), or how to disconnect the alarm altogether.

Thanks a lot.

Baz.

Old 07-10-2017, 05:54 AM

I have a 1998 W202 C200 (RHD)and I have exactly the same problem. Youtubes suggest that the alarm circuit is built into the siren, ergo replace siren, problem solved. Also says siren is located rear of passenger side wheel arch - I have looked at both front wheel arches, and no siren to be found; only the horn ahead of the driver side wheel arch.
Hope someone knows where it is!

Old 07-04-2021, 10:03 AM

What good is this forum if no one posts solutions?