Mercedes M Class Mercedes ML350 and Mercedes ML500 SUV's.

Few weird issues with my 'new' used ML 320 - Can anyone help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 06:48 AM
Default Few weird issues with my 'new' used ML 320 - Can anyone help?

Hi folks. Just recently bought an ML 320 with 100k miles on the clock.

First off the bat I'll say the ABS is playing up (seems common reading here) and I've ordered some brushes to get that fixed up, so I'm experiencing some weird issues, if its not too much trouble can anyone please let me know if any of the following is related to the ABS screwing up:

1. When car is shut down - the left parking light/head light will flash for about 5 minutes.

2. When I'm driving the car there is a ticking noise (almost like a blinker ticking) which lasts about 5 minutes also from start of ignition.

On an unrelated note,

3. when I drive the car the doors will lock what seems like two times and then when I come to a stop (at a set of lights or something) then drive off again, sometimes the doors lock and then unlock again.

4. There seems to be some acceleration lag. There is about a 1 second delay from pressing the pedal and the car moving. If I press too hard it will kick quite hard into first gear. Anyone know what this is? Or is it just a general trait of the ml 320 series?

5. I've attached an image of my key. It came without a battery. I can only open the driver side door and must manually open all the rest from the inside which is a pain in the bum, so I'd like to get the remote working. Can you tell me if the computer board on the battery looks okay? I took it to a watch dude and he said a terminal or something was missing. Would anyone be so kind as to check their own key battery to see if it looks the same?

Name:  SV8rHFH.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  172.6 KB

Thanks folks. I love forums and I plan to stick around and once I get more knowledge of these cars I'll be sure to help out around here also. cheers!

Old 06-20-2013, 03:44 AM

Hi deXtrous.. sorry for the late reply but been having same issues with my SLK..
hopefully it's just the key? ABS issue I replaced the throttle actuator and it seems to have fixed the problem? Your key looks fine.. try resetting the key (once you put in two CR2025 batteries..
place key in the ignition (don't turn) hold lock button down and then remove whilst still holding.. with the other finger press unlock 5-7 times and let go.. put key in the ignition and turn just before start.. the hazards should flash to confirm the reset then you should be all up and running.. worked for me.. good luck.