Mercedes M Class Mercedes ML350 and Mercedes ML500 SUV's.

2000 ML55 key remote not working

Old 03-19-2018, 01:37 PM
Default 2000 ML55 key remote not working

The key works in the ignition, but unlock and lock button does not wor.
I will try reprogramming the remote
but the dealer cannot get me the remote key. Its been on order
for close to 2 years.
Has anyone tried after market keyless entry?
who do you recommend??

Old 03-20-2018, 03:29 PM

Is there a battery in the remote? It may just have to be changed.

Old 06-09-2018, 03:39 AM

Has the dealer confirmed that your fob is broken and not the aam?

You need to make sure the remote's battery connectors aren't bent and are making contact with the batteries. You can inspect and re-adjust them and try again.

Have you tried to re-program the key to the vehicle?
the sequence must be completed in 10 seconds

1. Insert the key into ignition and turn to position 2.
2. Remove the key, and quickly press the LOCK button, and hold it pressed while simultaneously pressing the UNLOCK button 5 times.
3. Now release the lock button, and press either the LOCK or UNLOCK button once.

If that doesn't work then try again by pressing unlock 10 times.

If that doesn't work then I would suggest that you order a new key case from eBay for a few dollars. Then carefully pry yours open(so as not to damage the internals since the case is not re-usable) and hope that something is unsoldered or visibly damaged and repairable. There are videos on prying the case open on youtube. Be careful not to lose the transponding chip - it is about the size of a grain of rice and is inside of the case, along with the circuit board for the key. If you lose that they you won't be able to start your car and drive it. I've read of many instances where one of the buttons has become unsoldered from the board and in that case it wouldn't be able to re-sync. Inspect the solder connections with a magnifying glass and repair any broken connections. If nothing appears to be damaged, then there may be water damage. Look for warps and discoloration or corrosion on the circuitry. There isn't much you can do with liquid damage, but you can try to clean the board. Running it through the dishwasher is probably the easiest way. Otherwise you can clean the board with a toothbrush and diluted alcohol, but I would reccommend submerging the board while you do so. Dry thoroughly with compressed air and/or or a hair dryer on low. Reassemble into the replacement casing and hope it works. Look for how-to videos before attempting.

This isn't your remote, but is worth a look -

From personal experience I would say that half of remotes are repairable.

There is a thread on here about swapping the integrated circuit from a different model key. It might be worth an attempt with these fobs. Sometimes the integrated circuit is good, but the oscillator, resistors micro-switches or other surface mount components go bad. So it is possible that you could buy a used fob from ebay and swap the integrated circuit from your fob onto the circuit board of the purchased fob. That is, if your integrated circuit is good, and the purchased fob is good. You need to salvage the little grain of rice size transponder pellet from your old fob and place it in your new fob.

https://mbworld.org/forums/audio-ele...-retrofit.html

The other option, and this now might be worth a permanent post, is one of these - http://unitedautosecurity.net/KEYLES...-P1305139.aspx

It hardwires into your center console door lock switches. You still need to salvage the little grain of rice size transponder pellet from your old fob.