Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trunk lock tumbler replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 01:56 AM
Default Trunk lock tumbler replacement

Hi all,
I need to swap the trunk lock tumbler on my W211 Sedan. However, I could not find out how to release the tumbler from the back side of the handle. I know the procedure for the ignition tumbler, but this one looks different and probably needs another kind of tool. Anyone who knows?
Best,
Roland​​​​​​​

Old 02-13-2019, 12:33 PM

Mercedes e-class 320cdi 2001 battery went flat, tried to jump start no joy recharged battery , now gearbox will not change out of second limp mode. on trip tronic box it will not change up or down. plus on selector if it is in drive will go to neutral but not reverse or park with foot on brake, if you release break you can then go into reverse and park please help

Old 02-15-2019, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by rolandk
Hi all,
I need to swap the trunk lock tumbler on my W211 Sedan. However, I could not find out how to release the tumbler from the back side of the handle. I know the procedure for the ignition tumbler, but this one looks different and probably needs another kind of tool. Anyone who knows?
Best,
Roland
Hello Roland - take a look at the info below. This was posted as a Comment by one of our forum members - hope you find this helpful. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

You need to use the valet metal key in the cylinder, and then use a drift to depress a spring loaded cylinder in the back of the lock cylinder assembly. While depressed, rotate the key in the lock cylinder ~ 180 degrees. Eventually the pin you pressing in the back will slide "forward" - toward the front of the cylinder where the key is - and you will be able to pull the lock cylinder straight out the front. *** Be sure not to remove the key or parts go everywhere.***

Installation of the lock cylinder is simple: with the metal key installed in the lock cylinder, align the locking tab which will be sticking up from the back of the naked lock cylinder with the tapered notch on the hatch assembly, and insert the lock cylinder. Press it in until you hear a "click" which is that same tab springing back up into the locked position. Done.

Old 12-10-2019, 07:56 AM

Thank you so much for sharing the way for lock tumbler replacement, as a locksmith i appreciate your effort in writing this.,

Old 01-03-2020, 08:13 AM

Find a locksmith close to your store and ask him which tool is needed for tumbler replacement.