Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cost of Inssurance

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 09:38 PM
Default Cost of Inssurance

Hello, I have been thinking about getting either a E320 CDI, E500, or maybe even a E55 AMG. Not new, but hopefully a 2004 or 2005. This will be MY first mercedes so I have no idea what the inssurance is like on one of these. I plan to get a quote obviously but wanted to get an idea from you all who have these cars already around what your paying, age, driving record good/bad? I just want to make sure my inssurance isnt going to be double the car payment!

Thanks a Lot

-dan

Old 09-24-2006, 03:10 PM
Default RE: Cost of Inssurance

TTT come on guysss

Old 09-25-2006, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

Well this should hold you for a while.

If I was to buy a 2004 E500 sedan, my rate would be (from Allstate in Atlanta GA Dekalb co. limits) around with one accident on record, age 22, male. $1,700 full coverage with $250 deducts for six months. This is about normal for my age, especially with that accident on record. In fact, usually it ends up even lower than that if I was to go through my current and or most other carriers. Allstate was always a little high for my taste. $1,700 is about the same as I would be paying through them if I was to insure the 560SEl through them full coverage.

Maybe someone who actually own one of these can give you more accurate info but I figure since no one posted just yet, I made a quote to see and this is what came out. It don't seem to be too expensive to insure. It's $100/ semi-year cheaper than my 1997 Cougar back when I was a little (a year and a half) younger and not too keen on the insurance game and was going through allstate.

Old 09-27-2006, 09:57 PM

DAN, BEING IN THE BUSINESS OF INSURANCE, LET ME SAY THAT THERE ARE NO 2 EXACT CIRCUMSTANCES. EACH RATE IS BASED ON SOOO MANY FACTORS. THE LIABILITY PORTION IS BASED ON DRIVING RECORD, EXPERIENCE, ZIP CODE, RISK, ETC. THE COMPREHENSIVE AND COLLISION PORTION IS BASED ON THE VALUE OF YOUR VEHICLE WHICH CHANGES FROM DRIVING A $5K CAR TO A $50K CAR. THE DEDUCTIBLE VARIES FROM $0 TO 2500. THERE ARE OPTIONS OF UNINUSRED MOTORISTS AND TOWING, GLASS BUYBACK, ETC. I RECOMMEND THAT YOU GIVE THE VIN# OF THE VEHICLE YOU ARE INTERESTED IN TO YOUR CURRENT AGENT AND ASK FOR THE QUOTE. EXPLAIN YOUR ANNUAL MILEAGE AND ADD ANY DISCOUNTS FOR HAVING DEGREES, DIFFERENT LINES OF INSURANCE, LIKE HOME, LIFE, ETC AND IF YOU HAVE OTHER DRIVERS IN THE HOME. ME? LETS SAY YOU AND YOUR 48 YR OLD MOM HAS A 88 MBZ. I WOULD RATE YOUR MOM ON THE NEWER MERCEDES AND YOU ON THE OLDER ONE. LIABILITY ON THE OLDER AND YOU BOTH ARE COVERED ON ANY VEHICLE. HERE IN CALIFORNIA, STARTING OCT. 1ST, DMV WILL BE VERIFYING ALLLLL VIN#'S TO MKE SURE EACH REGISTERED VEHICLE HAS INSURANCE, IF NOT...THE REGISTRATION WILL BE SUSPENDED. I EXPECT OTHER STATES TO FOLLOW. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY VEHICLE IN YOUR NAME, YOU CAN PURCHASE "NO-OWNERS' LIABILITY TO COVER YOU ON ANY VEHICLE YOU DRIVE AS LONG AS IT IS NOT REGISTERED TO YOU. HOPE THIS HELPS.