Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ASR ABS light ON

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 06:34 AM
Default RE: ASR ABS light ON

What do you mean AMG ones?? There aren't any...just AMG itself...First of all, how much are you willing to spend on the suspension?

Old 05-11-2006, 03:38 PM

thanks for the quick response....seems impossible to find ample help these days....well begginers off imma college student and its my first car so lets say i got lucky.....im not too sure but im aware that the amg sport suspension is the best performance......but im sure it'll cost an arm and leg but im not even sure how much this whole project of mine is going to cost....once i see wat i like ill save up the money..........but the cheaper the better obviously.....battlecat can u tell me wat wud the best thing for me to do...........i need something that will increase the cars performance but wont be too heavy on the price tag at the same time i want it to last......as for mathematical numbers on how much i want to spend i cant tell u myself i guess u will hafta tell me the best advice and ill save up for it? so advise me well my friend cuz i am not a millionaire nor a hundred thousandaire.......

Old 05-11-2006, 09:15 PM

Ok, it seems you obviously want to go with performance first...the rims can wait. I think the H&R or Eibach springs with the Bilstein Sport Shocks would go good for your e, the springs will lower your car by an inch or so...this will stiffen your ride and give you excellent handling. The H&R springs are $389.00 a kit (retail price) but you can find them for less in places such as ebay or stores on the net. I've seen the shocks priced around $300-$400, again you can shop around and find them for less. You can also install a different exhaust, upgrade the brakes and change to a cold air intake.

Old 05-13-2006, 09:34 PM

thanks for the advice.....besides the springs do i need to get anythen else let me remind you both my front end and rear end suspension is gone do i need like control arms or anythen of the sort.......so far u said i need u new springs now if i put these springs on do i hafta replace anythen else for the ride to be better or is springs about it...........i need to know errythen A to Z for wat i need and btw.....since u mention the HnR springs and the bilstein eibach im guessing the stock springs wouldnt be so effective...as for now as your describing it seems good to me but if i need anythen else let me know.....i donno if u read my other post...its about my car jumping wen i shift it from park to drive well update me on errythen and thanks a lot once agen seems like ur the only one who wants to help

Old 05-13-2006, 10:07 PM

LOL, i've love to help, but i get a headache reading your ghetto rap syntax. sounds like you have the usual MB ailments which come up periodically.....and well documented. may want to try reading stickies and FAQs on this board, Benzworld.com and MBWorld.com as well.

Old 05-14-2006, 07:51 AM

ORIGINAL: nycshyne69

thanks for the advice.....besides the springs do i need to get anythen else let me remind you both my front end and rear end suspension is gone do i need like control arms or anythen of the sort.......so far u said i need u new springs now if i put these springs on do i hafta replace anythen else for the ride to be better or is springs about it...........i need to know errythen A to Z for wat i need and btw.....since u mention the HnR springs and the bilstein eibach im guessing the stock springs wouldnt be so effective...as for now as your describing it seems good to me but if i need anythen else let me know.....i donno if u read my other post...its about my car jumping wen i shift it from park to drive well update me on errythen and thanks a lot once agen seems like ur the only one who wants to help
Yeah you might need some new control arms and probably bushings if they've been worn out to the max. Usually after you replace the springs and shocks, your car will be lowered, like I said, a couple of inches which makes driving and turning easier and feel smoother. As for the jumping problem, your car's ten years old, it might need to have the transmission redone or tuned up. How many miles does your e320 have?

Old 05-14-2006, 09:20 PM

the car has almost 93K .......i guess i will need new control arms and bushings like u said......price tag keeps getten bigger n bigger....ill look into the transmission later i guess first i wanna take care of this

Old 05-14-2006, 10:42 PM

Mercedes vehicles are very expensive to maintain, especially older ones...It's the cost of driving a luxury automobile.