Mercedes CLK Class Mercedes CLK350 and Mercedes CLK500 Coupes and Cabriolets.

New Purchase - Overpaid???

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 05:00 PM
Default New Purchase - Overpaid???

I recently purchased a 2001 CLK 430 Coupe, and I think I overpaid and wanted to get some opinions from others who are most likely more knowleable than me. These are specs:
43000 miles
Special edition two tone leather interior (silver and blue) - I believe this is called the designo edition?
Premium wheels
6 disc changer

It's in excellent condition with a perfect carfax record. I love the vehicle, but have a little buyer's remorse that I didn't shop around more or haggle. I paid 36k+ and am regretting it a little. What do you think? Again, I love the vehicle as it drives phenomenally, handles like a dream, and looks amazing. Did I overpay?

Old 05-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New Purchase - Overpaid???

it would be fair at 30k.

you can do many things at the 6k overcharged.

Old 05-04-2005, 01:08 AM

It appears by your name you are probably in Las Vegas ---so that's the Zip Code I put in for this value.

I got this figure from NADA Price Guide:

This is without taking into consideration of your two tone Custom Leather Interior, Premium Wheels, or Anything else it may have. ----> $32,375

So you are probably not too far off the mark for the value.

One thing to remember, it's only money, AND...... you cannot take it with you. What I always say to myself is, if I were to die tomorrow, would I be happy. Believe me... When it comes to buying something that you really like, with this in mind, it'll give you a totally different outlook on life.

Don't have buyers remorse ... Remember...... If you have time to look back, you're obviously not going fast enough !

Just get in that baby and make her do what she's designed to do! Drive her like there is NO tomorrow !

Old 05-04-2005, 09:00 AM

Hey Vegas-
Sorry but you may have overpaid based upon my experience with the same make/model-

back in Oct '02 I purchased a 2001 CLK 430 w/ 38M miles here in south Louisiana for $39M
from the local MB dealer...it was high mileage for being a little over a year old, but like you
I just fell for it...

Old 05-04-2005, 03:45 PM

I actually did some more research after posting this message and found the retail value to be $36,750. I got it just under the retail value, but I guess my only regret is that I didn't test drive more vehicles and haggle at all.

It's a sweet car nonetheless with all the bells and whistles with the AMG sports package, the custom interior, etc. I was a little vulnerable at the time as my old car was stolen and I fell for one of the first cars I test drove... Oh well. We live, learn, and move on. Thanks for the replies...