Mercedes CLK Class Mercedes CLK350 and Mercedes CLK500 Coupes and Cabriolets.

New owner issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 08:40 PM
Default New owner issues

Hey group, I just got an 04 CLK320 that has about 140k miles on it. The day I got it I stopped at a stop light and it stalled. All the lights came on like they do when you first turn the keep to the on position. I cycled the key off and on and it started right back up. Then on 2 different occasions it almost stalled while at idle shuddered a little but kept running. This morning at a stop light the car almost stalled again, this time the red battery screen popped up with the visit work shop message. The car drives awesome normally, just seems to have an issue with stop lights. I went to the local auto store to have the battery and alt tested, apparently they are both ok. I've tried pulling codes but there are none stored. Any ideas what may be going on here???? I appreciate any help

Old 09-26-2019, 06:07 PM
Default sounds strange

hi ! sounds like a strange problem you got there. i own a clk 500,and it also runs great, BUT there are allways those damn electrical flaws. lamdas, lower ventilation flaps, wich costed a small fortune to fix. headrests stuck in the high position, seat memory changes all by them selves etc. its obvious, you must have a hefty maintenense-budget to keep these wonderful, but pretty unreliable cars going. sad because i reall enjoy mine. the engine is silky smooth, with a really good low down torque. problem is, no matter how much you like the car, you have that certain feeling that there allways some expensive to fix issue, waiting around the corner, and thats totally unacceptable for a status-brand like mercedes. i think they are typically over-engineered. they dont do it because they have to, but just because they can. what about 16 spark-plugs for example ?????????????? if you should have a car that you can rely on, there is no better choice than an old volvo , or a toyota, but on the other hand, cars like that dont talk to your heart or your emotions at all. they are just a good way of taking you from point a to point b. hope i did not sound too pessimistic here. hope you get your problem solwed. if it does, it would be interesting to hear what it was. now i have to continue to drive my beloved car, and hope that the air mass flow-metre, or the crank-shaft position sensor (also common problems built into these machines) does not appear. drive safe ! peter.