Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

HELP!!! Already spent $1,000 & issue not fixed

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Angry HELP!!! Already spent $1,000 & issue not fixed

I recently spent $1,000 getting a MAss air flow sensor and throttle actuator replaced. After the fix my check engine light did go off but the main problem is not fixed. Before the repair my 2001 C320 got so bad that when I would stop at a stop light and then press the gas pedal to accelerate and proceed forward the car would not MOVE! No matter how hard I'd press the gas...it wouldn't even rev up...it just sat there! So then I'd have people honking like crazy telling me to GO and Id have to turn the car off then back on then with no prob it would go. Sometimes it would just "shake a lil" and then proceed but all of this seemed to happen onlt when I was going at a low speed like below 20 mph. After the repairs 2 weeks ago the car no longer completely stops driving but it does stall very bad especially when I stop with my brakes and then try to accelerate to drive foward....it hesitates and if I push it to the limit during this hesitation the car will actaully die! My instincts are that there is something going on with the gas!? My its unusually that the repairs did help slightly but not fully? The transmissions shifts fine. The check engine is back off. I got a diagnositc ran at MB and had all the issues fixed except the stop lamp switch replaced. I just put a fuel injector cleaner in it but they prob dont work? Do you think ir could be something as simple as a fuel filter? I am thinking of having a local mechanic change it for me to see if it helps but being without permanent work right now I don't wanna keep dumping money into it! If the parts I had replaces were bad then would the check engine pop back on?
Thanks

Old 04-03-2012, 01:09 AM

Check your PPC valve for leaks - cheap fix

Old 04-03-2012, 04:28 PM

fuel sending unit/ fuel pumps could be the issue. very known issue on those C classes, also could be a voltage problem, battery/alternator.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Question Mercedes issue

Did you ever get your problem figured out. I have a ML500 with similar problem hesitation and almost chocking out or misfire like feeling, but also car will lurch forward at a dead stop with foot on the BRAKE. With the lurching forward it is dangerous, but the Mercedes dealer says all is fine. Cannot find any problem. wondering if you had any luck with this.

thanks.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:08 AM
Unhappy Stahling

I never did...its still acting up and here I am going on a year of driving it this way. It only idles when I first start the car and after about 1 mile of driving it stops....so its worse on a cold start.