Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Okay... jokes on me... mercedez oil change...?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 07:36 AM
Default RE: Okay... jokes on me... mercedez oil change...?

I use a Mityvac 7201 that i got from Amazon.com. Pretty nifty.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:38 AM

Good points mrcoyote. No argument from me on that. I am also faced with the conflictof wanting to slide under there and the realization that I don't fit under there any more....!

On another subject, I am looking for feedback on what my little C is worth these days....I drive a lot of highway so my '03 has about 119k on it. I love it yet and it runs great with absolutely no issues other than tire humm, but have college tuition for 2 kids coming up. Time to drive a winter car all year!

Feedback anyone - is there a market?

I will also look for another place to ask in the forum. It's just that I was already here so.....

Merry Christmas / Happy New Year all!

Old 12-19-2008, 11:21 PM

As far as resale goes on a car with over 100,000 miles on it, let me tell you what a friend of mine said concerning that situation. He is the sales manager at a local BMW dealership. He said to think of the odometer in a car as you would your own chronological age. The higher it gets, the less time you have left. And so does your car. And so the price you can get for it reflects just that. You could have the most pristine C230K in the world....absolutely perfect in every way, but once that odometer goes over 100K, you fall into the "unwanted" class without saying another word. It's so true.
I tried to sell a car (BMW) a few years ago with over 100K miles by putting an ad in the paper. The car was perfect.
The first thing I told people was that it had 110K miles on it. The next sound I heard was a loud CLICK! No good-bye, no thanks anyway, no nothing. Just CLICK. They don't even want to know the price (adjusted for the mileage, of course) or any more details. And, recently, I went to the local MB dealership in my car (now with 146,000 miles) and the guy told me basically they couldn't and wouldn't take it on a trade and if they were to, it would have to be through a "wholesaler" and they didn't know any wholesaler who would buy a car with that many miles on it. Period.
Nice, huh? So, that's why I've said many times on this site: I'M KEEPING IT AND I'M GOING TO 200,000 MILES!!!
Might as well if nobody thinks it's worth anything!

Old 12-21-2008, 10:42 PM

Sadly, that's probably all true mrcoyote. But it is still a very nice car so I don't feel all that bad about driving it. Thanks for the input though!

Old 05-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Default Has anyone had any luck with changing the MAF?

Just wondering who has had any experience changing their own MAF? Mine went bad on me and I tried cleaning it but it didn't work so I bought a new one (on ebay, they sell you knock offs!) Stay away from any MAF for a c240 that costs less than $125 and make sure it's a BOSCH! Anyway, just wondering. Any hints, tricks or advice would help.