Mercedes AMG Class All AMG Models.

Exit Z06...Enter E55 AMG

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 10:09 PM
Default RE: Exit Z06...Enter E55 AMG

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents...I just picked up my first benz and it's a 2001 E55 AMG. I still have my 92 vette but it's definately not stock. I improved the poor designs in the engine area. I also have a few other rockets...(2)-1987 Buick Grand Nationals, and a 1987 Buick Turbo Regal (the sleeper grand national). I love all the cars and only have 2 cars left to complete my dream team.

Old 06-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: itsmeek

ORIGINAL: BlackWolf

well the Z06 is nothing but an over hyped mediocre car. Not bad but not as good as they try to make it seem. It's still a GM product. And still feel like a GM product.
this is coming from a person with the following lineup:

1989 Mercedes 560SEL grey
1987 BMW 735i grey
1997 Mercury Cougar 30th Anniversary drk t.red

it's like a law secretary telling a judge he has no idea what he's doing.

you've never even been close to a z06. shows how much you know about the z06, any person who has ever been to a race or knows anything about racing circles knows that for the price and even twice it's price- there is nothing else. anyhow..I have an '02 z06 that i just sold (as of today)

there's a reason the z06 dominates road racing in it's class- it's not because it's "overhyped genius". i went from a gt3 porsche to this and the difference was phenomenal w/a few small modifications. anyhow- about to purchase a c32 in a few weeks here. glad to be here.

First off, my choice in cars really don't have anything to do with what types of cars I know about, have experience with, and or driven before. Secondly, you don't know me or my situations nor the reason I chose some of these cars. How do you know I wasn't stuck in the middle of nowhere Missouri with no car, fresh from an overseas assignment, and needed a car, and up and one day got one to get me around awhile?
I've been in and driven a Z06 before and the sad part is, that it bored me sitting in the passenger seat and it was boring behind the wheel. For every second I spent in that American piece of crap, I was thinking that anyone who knew about performance was way better offf getting a SL or something of the likes. And look at the tittle of this post. The guy went from a z06 got rid of it and got an E55 AMG and this is not the first and or last post about someone trading in the "All-American" Z06 for something with a little more curb appeal, refinement, and a better feel. Sure talk about race cars all day and such and such and such. If you like the z06, good for you, but this is a Mercedes forum.

And just because I can appreciate classic styling and engineering and room and don't buy newer cars just because everyone else is doesn't mean I know less about cars. And just because you have a Z06, doesn't mean you know how to drive it. I bet you're one of those people that get smoked by some pimple faced high schooler in a V-6 Mustang because you let the car own you instead of the other way around.
Don't try to talk about me like you know me and or my situations, you don't, new guy. And I'm sorry if I hurt ya feeling by talking about the "untouchable perfect American sports car." I guess it's because the Corvette is America's true last hope as far as performance since Chrysler has been taken over by Dodge and Ford has not been pushing the Ford GT lately. Typical American, "we cool as long as we don't talk bad about the Z06." Get the stick out of ya ***. The z06 is not no where near a god in any category of vehicles unless you're comparing it to the new Impala. Face it, GM have been trying to imitate the German style for years and could never get it right, so don't get mad at me. It's not my fault that GM can't build a car that offers the things that Mercedes and other German vehicles, old and new, can offer. The z06 styling doesn't really invoke anything, no feeling, plactic look. it looks it will be dated in a few years. What happened to the effort that Gm used to put into the designs of their Corvette like back in the 60s/70s. What happened to the effort they put into things like the Stingray? That car will never go out of style. Face it, Chevy fell off and Corvette has went over the cliff with em. Yeah it offers a good price for the "performance" but there must be a reason that people are willing to spend thousands or two corvettes for far supurior fit and finish, styling, longevity, comfort, and the ability to carry friends around (E55 AMG for example.)
But you are entitled to ya opinion just as I am to mine, right? So don't be the predictable American and attack anything or anyone that don't agree with ya. You like the z06 I don't, but I wouldn't have made it personal. So stop trying to be the "rich" know it all because I have a z06 American and open ya mind.

Old 08-02-2006, 11:38 PM

Not sure where to start with this thread. I'll start with hello. I'm a MB newbie.

I drive a 2001 Z06, 1988 Mustang, 1966 Mustang, 2003 Suburban, and a 2006 C230.

An E55 may be in the cards.... or maybe a TT Porche.... will probably drive both and decide when the time comes.

I'm not sure how you pick moderators here, I belong to several forums, corvette clubs, mustang clubs, guitar forums, rolex forum, etc.... and I've yet to come across a Moderator with such inflamatory comments: regarding a particular nationality, make of car, or model of car. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he's just young.

Regarding the Z-06 - the performance figures speak for themself. You can go to z06vette.com if you'd like to get informed. Internet benchracing is really subjective..... each forum whether it be mustang forum or vette forum or subaru forum or merc forum toughts the high points for their model. I can respect that.

Personal taste is in the eye of the beholder. I can respect the driver of that big-wing, fart-can import because he's chasing his passion. I'm sure any true auto enthusiast will appreciate all makes/models rather than make inflamtory generalizations about a brand or nationality of manufacture or a whole nation of people.

Perhaps this mod has some issues that need to be worked out in therapy. Talks sessions mixed with the right cockail of drugs can ease many ills

I'm new here, and I hope to get involved in everything MERC..... but I hope the smarts-level goes up.

Cheers,
Jeff