General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

What's involved in "service B" ...?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Default RE: What's involved in "service B" ...?

If you have the multifunction steering wheel, it is simple:
Scroll the menu until you come to service (aspanner icon appears on the display screen).
Press the reset button (the one used for resetting odometer to zero) for a few seconds.
DO YOU WANT TO RESET ------------appears on the screen.
Press the reset button again for a few seconds.
The next A (or B) service due in10,000 miles (15000 km) appears on the screen.
You are done.
Shan.

Old 08-22-2007, 04:58 PM
Banned

2000-2002
[ul][*]Sit in the driver’s seat and close the door.[*]Turn the key to position β€œ2”.[*]To load the trip odometer and main odometer, press button β€˜3’ or β€˜4’ on the multifunction steering wheel until the display appears.[*]Press button β€˜5’ or β€˜6’ until the FSS indicator appears.[*]Press button β€˜R’ on the instrument cluster for approximately 2 seconds.[*]The multifunction display asks: DO YOU WANT TO RESET SERVICE INTERVAL? - CONFIRM BY PRESSING R[*]Press button β€˜R’ on the instrument cluster again, and hold until a signal sounds. The message SERVICE INTERVAL HAS BEEN RESET appears in the multifunction display.[*]The new service indicator displays 10,000 miles (15,000 km) remaining until next service.[/ul]1998-1999
[ul][*]Sit in the driver’s seat and close the door[*]Turn ignition/key to position β€œ2”[*]Withing the first 4 seconds after moving ignition to position β€œ2”, press the trip odometer reset button β€˜0’ (on left side of the instrument cluster) twice within one second.********** means twice quickly*************[*]The display for the mileage until next service is activated for 10 seconds[*]Within these 10 seconds, turn the igition off (position β€œ0”). The service request continues to be displayed[*]Press and hold button β€˜0’[*]While holding the reset button, move start ignition to position β€œ2”[*]Continue to hold the trip odometer reset button for about 10 seconds, until the signal sounds and the new 10,000 mile start distance appears in the display.[/ul]Save this post for future reference
ohlord
"GOT CODES?"

Old 08-22-2007, 09:14 PM

[sm=smiley20.gif]Thanks guys

Old 09-18-2007, 03:59 PM

My 2002 C240 does NOT ask if I want to reset it. Nothing resets it. It currently reads "Service B exceeded by 200 miles."

Old 09-18-2007, 04:16 PM

Go to the link below at Edmunds.com where I input your year and model. Scroll down the page and you'll see the B Service explained along with estimated costs.

http://www.edmunds.com/maintenance/maintenance.do

Further, you can reset the FSS reminder on the dash, but somebody that has a C class car will have to tell you the steps, or do a Search here for 'FSS reset' and see what comes up.

Bob

Old 09-18-2007, 07:29 PM

Just wanted to let you know that you can get the "B" service for between $325-$350. If are taking care of your car you just need to change the iol and filter and figure out how to reset the two wrenches that are flasing, also be aware that your car will flash a "A" service one year and then for the "B" service. So unless you figure out to reset these idoit lights when they come on you will have to pay every year

Old 09-26-2013, 09:43 AM

I own 2 mercedes benz a) E Class (W211) b) C Class (W203). I bought the E Class since 2010 and I bought the C Class in 2009. I do my own service and full diagnose and reset after completing all services. I bought diagnostic machine and service station. With just USD500 i can fully service both of my Mercedes and if its minor service I will have change in the end. The most expensive item with MD is the labor charges/sundries. That"s how MD obtain money to pay their employees (thru labor charges).I bought my 1st car in 1983, so I have a great deal of wealth or experience with motor vehicles. I do service Mercedes vehicles for my friends but they never pay satisfactorily, so I stopped helping anyone and I just service my own Benz., Just learn the trade its very easy though challenging (buy & study the service manual it will reveal everything required for "A" or "B" services etc.Good luck

Old 09-26-2013, 10:53 AM

Just download software called Autodata at Autodata 3.38 (download torrent) - TPB and also include the activation keys at autodata 3.38 crack (download torrent) - TPB. This exceptional & excellent software will provide technical data, service data, diagnostic codes, service schedules, replacements parts (genuine parts codes) and anything you ever dream-pt about fixing any vehicles