General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Questions on your benzes, i can try to help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 05:02 PM
Question air condition please help. Thank you

hello, my 2006 e30 wagon was in an accident, the a/c was recharged. do you know why the a/c could be cold for the passanger side, but not the driver side? is there some sensor unblugged or bad? Can I check anything? the temp dials on the inside are both set to the coldest. Thank You!

Old 04-25-2009, 05:18 AM

300SD 1985 replaced EGR then disconnected put on new stainless exhaust replaced filters fuel oil change learning how to do most of work
When engine cold it start fast but rough with white smoke meaning fuel not burning.
A noise was detected like a air popping sound on side of engine under air filter.
I know nothing about injector nozzles but another site mentioned this as apossibility.
Would this be the source of noise it goes away when warm and I drive highway everyday at 70 to 80 , uses more fuel any ideas so I can fix it Thanks

Old 04-25-2009, 04:31 PM

hey Masterbenz

I have just bought a 2000 A class with no mileage displayed on the odometer . all that i displayed is - - . Bought this from a dealer and dont want to think he would risk his business by selling dodgy cars. the previos service has a mileage (abt 40k) thats not to far from what the dealer advertised (55K) and that service was in 2006. Really dont know what to think. can u help? thanx

Old 04-28-2009, 01:21 PM
Default c230 low pressure fefill valve

can you tell me where the connector is for refilling my AC< I found the one on the back of the compressor but my fitting is too big for it so I guess thats the high side. Can;t seem to locate low side.

Old 04-28-2009, 03:35 PM

yesterday I started hearing this very slight humming noise coming from the back of the car. Today the car wont start, I got a bad feeling that it might be a fuel pump. Does anyone have any info on how to go about changing it, location, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated at this point.

The car is at the dealership now getting troubleshot but I think they are going to come back with a fuel pump, which I believe is a pretty rare issue. The dealer estimated replacement of fuel pump at 6000$.

If it is the pump I am going to attempt replacement myself.

Please any info would be greatly appreciated so atleast I'll know what I am getting myself into.

wojtek@workoutfactory.com

Old 04-28-2009, 06:08 PM
Default 87 300 e a/c question

I have an 87 300e 6 cylinder. Can you tell me where the low pressure port is located? Thanks

Old 04-29-2009, 08:46 PM

sry i lik to type-short, hopefully you can help me with an issue i've been having for a really long time. 93 190 2.6 sportline, rotor cap keeps snaping in half..has new rotor and i checked the camshaft..doest seem to have ne room for play..should i replace the "Crankshaft Position Sensor" and try once more? reply wen yu have time..o yea n i purposely mispell haha sry iz quicker

Old 05-11-2009, 09:26 PM

I have a 95 s420 and we have had trouble with the ASR light. I replaced the throttle controll actuator as well as the main engine wireing harness, but today it came back on again. The car seems to have a sluggish shift from 2nd to 3rd, you have to reach over 3000 rpms before it will shift on it's own. Any suggestions for me to try? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Donnie

Old 05-12-2009, 09:21 PM

mar, first off, hello! I am new to the board. I think it is awesome that you provide such great information. Here is my problem:

I own an '03 CL55 with 68k miles on it. Recently the transmission has started acting up. The 1-2 shift slips badly, when downshifting under power it will sometimes completely disengage (I assume sort of safe mode), which requires me to pull off the road, put the car in park and shut it off and restart. Other times when getting in the throttle, it shifts, seems to skip a gear and then engages properly.

Any suggestions as to what is wrong?

Thanks!

Old 05-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Default CL55 trans problem

I just received good news...it sounds like it is a bad conductor plate. It could have been MUCH worse (and much more expensive).

Quick Reply: Questions on your benzes, i can try to help!!!