General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Questions on your benzes, i can try to help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 04:30 AM
Banned
Default Questions on your benzes, i can try to help!!!

Sorry, i have been out on this site!!! I have been so busy at work (www.marsautogroup.com) i'll try to answer some of your questions, but please be reasonable, and do not ask me for instructions on how to fix your car (e.g. How to pull a door panel off, how to remove a cylinder head on a 124 engine, etc.). It's a forum where we discuss problems, and help each other out with good discussions. I like helping, but to some extent...thank you for understanding!!!

Take care,
-mar-

Old 01-16-2009, 05:28 PM
Default Brake light

I think you helped me earlier. My ESP visit workshop light has been coming on and you said most likely its the brake light switch. Is this easy to fix or costly? Is it located underside the car under the brake pedal? Could this switch also effect the actual tail lights on my car, 2001 C320, and brake lights? I'm getting a warning reading saying that tail light R, back up light on. Tail light L, back up light on. Tail light L check light. Sometimes up to 5 malfunction readings over these lights! I replaced the tail light/ stop bulbs with bulbs from autozone (Located at the very top of the plastic compartment when you pull it out and have all the light bulbs connected to it and I am still getting the reading. All the lights work, someone said it may be going out but with the 2 new bulbs what could this reading be a cause of? Am I replacing the wrong bulbs? Do I need to fix them all or what?

Old 01-16-2009, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by nbrock_85
I think you helped me earlier. My ESP visit workshop light has been coming on and you said most likely its the brake light switch. Is this easy to fix or costly? Is it located underside the car under the brake pedal? Could this switch also effect the actual tail lights on my car, 2001 C320, and brake lights? I'm getting a warning reading saying that tail light R, back up light on. Tail light L, back up light on. Tail light L check light. Sometimes up to 5 malfunction readings over these lights! I replaced the tail light/ stop bulbs with bulbs from autozone (Located at the very top of the plastic compartment when you pull it out and have all the light bulbs connected to it and I am still getting the reading. All the lights work, someone said it may be going out but with the 2 new bulbs what could this reading be a cause of? Am I replacing the wrong bulbs? Do I need to fix them all or what?
PS. My ESP light has been coming on for a long time now. Could it finally be causing the tail lights to be acting up or giving me the false reading?

Old 01-17-2009, 07:08 AM
Banned

Make sure you have the correct bulbs...sounds to me that it's the wrong bulb. 1156 is the number for the bulbs if I'm not mistaken.

take care,
-mar-

Old 01-17-2009, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by MASTERBENZ
Make sure you have the correct bulbs...sounds to me that it's the wrong bulb. 1156 is the number for the bulbs if I'm not mistaken.

take care,
-mar-

I have P21W on the box and the slot says P21W by it indicating the bulb so could it be some wiring going out?

Old 01-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Default 2000 C230 brake light on in dashboard (not the ABS one)

For the past 2 days I have noticed that if I am stopped at a light and i press my foot down on the brakes hard enough, the brake light will come on. However, the last 2 days my brakes seem to work as great as they always have. So, I'm guessing that it's time for a fluid flush. Any thoughts?
What are some symptoms that it may be the master cylinder?

Old 01-18-2009, 05:11 AM
Banned

It could be that your brake pads are low...the malfunction indicator light has yellow color, and has a round symbol. However, if the light is "red," it could be that your brake fluid is low or a defective brake fluid level sensor.

take care,
-mar-

Old 01-21-2009, 11:42 PM
Default Brake Light Bulbs

It seems like a have a wiring malfunction with my brake lights when I screw one in the other goes out and vise versa. I am 100% that they are the correct bulbs. The trunk light quick working as well when the trunk in opened. Whats it sound like to you? About how much is a prob like this to fix and can I take it anywhere else cheaper?

Old 01-22-2009, 04:45 PM
Default Climate Control

Please try and help with this one..

The climate control in my 03 E500 Sport is on the fritz... First, the display isn't as bright as it used to be and now I can't see it at all during the day. Second, the rear unit is putting out hot air even though it's set on low.- I think I figured out tha the exchanger is bad and that's the cause of the hot air.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Old 01-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Banned

You're right...sounds to me it's the heatexchanger shutoff valve is defective...pretty common on W211's.

take care,
-mar-

Quick Reply: Questions on your benzes, i can try to help!!!