General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Questions on your benzes, i can try to help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by MASTERBENZ
You're right...sounds to me it's the heatexchanger shutoff valve is defective...pretty common on W211's.

take care,
-mar-
Thanks! Any ideas on the display issue?

Old 01-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Default Alert Problem

I hope you can help advise me. I recently started driving a 2002 CLK 430. When I got it I did a tune up. I also just had to have the tires replaced because the previous owner let them go practically bald. Since then everytime I drive more than 7-8 miles the ABS, ESP, and BAS lights go on and the alert beeps. However, it is only after I go 7-8 miles, and no other time. Do you know what could be causing this? Could it have been because of the tire change being done wrong? It only started happening after that. Please help!

Thanks,
Austin

Old 01-30-2009, 04:26 AM
Banned

Possibly brake light switch! Also, make sure you have the right size tires on vehicle. Look at your driver's side door...on the body of car where the striker holds the door...it gives you the correct size tires.

take care,
-mar-

Old 01-30-2009, 11:40 PM
Default schedule maintenance

hi. I just bought a 2007 c280 from Fletzer Jones in Las Vegas ( authorized MB dealer) ( 17000 miles) . How will I know if the schedule maintenance has been performed?
When I press the tab in steering wheel it is showing service@ 16000 KM. ( double wrench symbol) I am from Toronto Canada and drove the car back home. The odometer was reset by the dealer in kilometers. does this means I need to have a service maintenance in the next 16000 KM or the service maintenance was overdue?
thanks

Old 01-31-2009, 08:29 AM
Banned

Yes, it means that your "b" (double wrench) is due in 16,000 km.

Take care,
-mar-

Old 01-31-2009, 10:54 AM

thanks mar,
just for my peace of mind does this mean i am safe ? How will I know if the service B is needed in the future? will it show on my dash and remind me?
regards,
rick

Old 01-31-2009, 12:12 PM
Default Shade and radio not working

Hi Experts, I have two problems. I have an 05 Kompressor sport. My radio like to shut down once in a while and I called Mercades and they told me to hold the power button down for 30 secs and then start the engine, Which works. But why does it shut down like that?

Second, The automatic shade in the back does not go up, it seemed to stop working. What can I do? Is the fuse that went out?

PLEASE HELP!

Old 01-31-2009, 09:18 PM
Default Key position 2 honk?

Good day, oh Mercedes Master!

I recently acquired a 1998 E320 Wagon. Everything is in great order, except 1 really anoying problem. Every time I turn the key to position 2 to start the car, the horn honks! My poor wife and kids nerves are shot.

Any suggestions to alieviate this problem, or is this a "feature"?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Aaron -
Las Vegas

Old 02-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Banned

Yes, it will remind you when "b" service is due in you instrument cluster!

-mar-

Old 02-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Banned

Your car has a most system (fiber optic), which means that if one of your components that is tied in you most system is shutting down causing your radio to be inoperative. You have to get that check using an sds (star diagnosis) diagnostic tool. Rear sunshade bad...pretty common that the motor goes bad on that model.

Take care,
-mar-

Quick Reply: Questions on your benzes, i can try to help!!!