General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

oil/filter change and now wont start

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Default RE: oil/filter change and now wont start

Hi Stuart (and the rest of you) sorry for the delay in my post, have'nt had time to work on the car until now.

I tried with another pump that I know is working (borrowed a buddies pump from his c280) and the problem still remains. So I think we can exclude the pump, fuel filter and pump relay. One strange thing though, when I disconnected my old filter the first time a lot fuel pured out, but now when I disconnected the fuel filter it was almost totally dry, only a drop or two of fuel came out (the pump was also almost dry). Altough when I removed the hose from the filter there was a pressure release (air), is this normal?

Shall I still check the pressure at the engine, or does this meen that the problem is before the pump, ie something has got stuck in the fuel tank or such? The tank is 1/4+ full.

I will check the spark plugs, have'nt done that yet. Whats my next step? Can I check the fuel tank somewhow? Is there a internal pump between the two tanks?

Was really hoping that it would be as easy as changing the pump, but now I have been without my darlig for two weeks and I miss her. Thanks for all your help, hope to solve this soon!

Old 10-15-2007, 07:14 AM

Just want to inform you that my baby is running again. Must have been the pump in combination with a drained battery (that didnt have the power to turn the engine around) because since the new pump is in, and I jumpstarted her with a friends car she started at the first try and ran without any problems/hasitation ever since. (been driving for about 40 kilometers with a couple of start/stop)

I want to thank Stuart and the rest of you for all your help, cant express how happy I am now, really missed her and had troubles sleeping ever since this problem started.

Kind regards,
Boris

Old 10-15-2007, 11:54 AM

Glad you areback on the road again.

Stuart