General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Default Help Please

Ok so I bought a fiber optic cd chnager and during the handling from New Jersey to Upstate Ny it was knocked around and the sensor was broke so it could not read the CD'S. So i sent it back and he replaced it a no cost. Now i have the new CD Chnager and i just put it in and i get"NO CD CHANGER" THAT THE HELL. I am soo mad so i called the guy who i got it from and he said it is either a ad wire or the unit is dead.I ask him what should I do and he said scedual an appointment with the dealer and have them look at it. SO MY QUESTION IS WHAT SHOULD I DO SCEDUALE AN APPOINTMENT OR SHOULD I SEND THE UNIT BACK ONCE MORE? ALSO IF IT IS THE WIRES LIKE HE SAID HOW MUCH WILL IT SET E BACK? PLEASE HELP!

Old 01-10-2008, 11:47 PM
Default RE: Help Please

Mmm. Can you be sure that the source of this CD is good. eBay?

Don't know much about this subject since I don't have a CD changer, especially one that doesn't work.

Must have been really badly bashed around to "break the sensor". How do you know the sensor was broken?

Not 100% sure but have a feeling that the fibre optic / CD changer may need to be coded to handshake with one another, dependent upon type etc.

Key questions here are:

CD changer good?
Genuine MB CD changer for your vehicle? Alpne / Becker / Sony? They all have different interfaces.
Used vs new may impact unit coding.

Strikes me the "easy" way to resolve this is to get the car scanned but choose your dealer carefully and agree cost for diagnosis (connection to STAR" diagnostics (audio) BEFORE you proceed.

I suspect you are experiencing the problems associated with incorrect CD changer type.

Stuart

Old 01-11-2008, 01:16 AM
Default RE: Help Please

Try one more thing before you spend any money or before you send the unit back for replacement.

I remember vaguely in one of the post that disconnecting the radio from power source may provide a kind of reboot and the handshake that Stuart is talking about.

Let us know if this works or whatever else that solves your problem.