Mercedes S Class Mercedes S350, Mercedes S430, Mercedes S500 and Mercedes S600 Sedans.

PLEASE L@@K I REALLY NEED SOME HELP PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 07:24 PM
Default PLEASE L@@K I REALLY NEED SOME HELP PLEASE!!!

Hey guys i got 01 S430 without CD Changer,but it all pre-wired...Instaed of buying changer at dealership too expensive i got one on ebay .Today i got it in the mail and allready installed it...BUT on my computer inside the car on the screen its say NO CD CHANGER,,what should i do(Do i need to go to dealer so they can maybe like restart my system or i dont know) PLEASE PLEASE HELP I WILL BE ONLINE NOW.THANK'U

Old 02-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Default RE: PLEASE L@@K I REALLY NEED SOME HELP PLEASE!!!

for the system to work the correct way you should go to the dealer. sometimes the fiberoptic ring needs to be configured for the cd changer, it needs to be in the loop with the other components. the system needs to be a closed circuit and just becausethe cd changer is plugged in the the fiberoptic ring doesnt mean that it should work. you should have light coming out of the fiberoptic cable that plugs into the back of the cd changer when the radio is first turned on. the light should flash like 4 times. you might want 2 people to do this so when you turn it on someone can be there to see iflight is coming from the fiberoptic cable. then after the cables are correctly installed the comand unit ( radio) needs to be configured so it knows to look for the cd changer. you might get it to work without the radio being configured,..... but the fiberoptics have to be connected so its a closed loop, kind of like RCA jacks on a home stereo system. line in and line out to and from each component.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:13 PM

I quiet dont understand this,but thank'u anyways.I will print your post and will take it to dealership...
Thank'u

Old 02-15-2008, 04:47 PM

It does make complete sense, the fiber optic is in a loop from the radio and back. The next question is did you get a working unit on E Bay, personally some of the stuff is junk. A new one was around $300 I recall. The link might have to be reconfigured by the dealer.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:02 PM

Yes this unit is working good its powers on and everything.Its just my computer can't find this changer.I called MB Dealer today they told me that it might need a code!!! So i will go to dealership tomorrow and will see.Thank'u anyways

Old 02-16-2008, 10:29 AM

Maybe this will help, some Mbs had to have the loop reconfigured, I dont think there is any code for the CD. My 01 E was configured since it had Tel-Aid but had to be re-configured if the telephone was installed. Dont let them hold you up!
http://www.carstereohelp.com/mercedesFiberOptic.htm