Diesel Discussions Only diesel topics should be posted here.

No kickdown, swirl motor code???

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 09:38 AM
Default No kickdown, swirl motor code???

In November I bought an 2008 E320 Bluetec )126,000 miles) from the local dealer. It was a one owner,bought originally at the local dealer and had always been serviced at the dealer. I had a PPI done at my Indy mechanics shop and other than a leaking oil cooler (which I figured into the cost price negotiation) the car passed with flying colors. I pulled the trigger and had the oil cooler and seals replaced at my Indy (they also replaced the servo motor??). I’ve loved it! Tons of torque and smooth running!

Fast forward to last Thursday...

I was on the expressway and needed power to pass. Pushed the accelerator to kickdown and nothing, no kickdown, slight increase in power but not much (I was going 75).

I pulled over over to a rest area, turned the car off and did the adaptive tranny reset and car ran great after that. When I got home I scanned it with icarsoft and no transmission codes but a swirl motor malfunction code popped up (servo motor?).

My question is, would the swirl motor malfunctioning cause no tranny kickdown and would the servo motor fail that soon? At no time was there a CEL

Thanks!