Diesel Discussions Only diesel topics should be posted here.

I Need Help Please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Default I Need Help Please!

Hey everyone i have a couple things that i need help with and your help would be greatly appreciated.
-- First off my #4 injector is leaking right at the base. Is there a seal that could use replacing or do i need to replace the whole injector?
-- Also How do you pull out the instrument panel because my tachometer works only when it wants to and i believe my glow plug light is burnt out?
-- My blinkers blink super fast and im not sure if that means i have a bad relay or what?
-- Lastly what is the orange cirlce with little dots around it next to the blue (bright lights) indicator?
Thank You for all your help!

Old 01-17-2008, 07:45 AM
Default RE: I Need Help Please!

ORIGINAL: tanner

Hey everyone i have a couple things that i need help with and your help would be greatly appreciated.
-- First off my #4 injector is leaking right at the base. Is there a seal that could use replacing or do i need to replace the whole injector?
-- Also How do you pull out the instrument panel because my tachometer works only when it wants to and i believe my glow plug light is burnt out?
-- My blinkers blink super fast and im not sure if that means i have a bad relay or what?
-- Lastly what is the orange cirlce with little dots around it next to the blue (bright lights) indicator?
Thank You for all your help!
Your "blinkers" are going so fast because you have either a bad connection or a bad earth on the light cluster at the back, get a new piece of wire, solder it to the metal piece of the cluster and connect it to the body, that will sort that. Also check, if they are sort of going tick-a-tick-a-tick-a-tick-a, there may be either one or both light bulbs blown for the blinkers..

Orange light with dots means your brakes need replacing. The pads in front, not the disks...

For the tacho, check the fuse first, it may not be blown but may just be making bad contact... pulling the panel out, you need a screw driver, mine is just pressed in and you will need to use the screw driver to wedge it out....

Take the injector out, or at least try and tighten it, it may be loose..

Hope I have at least got one right..