Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes here. Keep it clean.

Need help finding a certain mercedes....PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 05:30 AM
Default Need help finding a certain mercedes....PLEASE HELP

Hey people, I am new here and need some help locating a certain mercedes. I will try to describe it the best I can, hopefully it will make sense. A few weeks ago I saw the oddest looking car I have ever seen. It was a 2 door, tiny tiny car. So tiny, it reminded me of a mini coop. My first thought was that it was a cross between an Echo and a P.T. Cruiser. I believe it had no back seat, only front. But couldn't get close enough to tell for sure. There was a tire in the front seat and it took up the entire front seat. And unlike the popular Mercedes it did not have just a number, for instance the S500. It also had a name, it was an odd name. I have been talking non stop about this car, and have been trying so hard to find a picture of it, or find the name of it. So far nothing is turning up. i even searched for the smallest Mercedes. I am pretty sure it is the smallest, i don't think it could get any smaller. If anyone could help me solve this mystery, or tell me where to go, i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for any help!

Old 09-07-2005, 07:31 AM
Default RE: Need help finding a certain mercedes....PLEASE HELP

tyre at the front seat?? maybe thats not where its supposed to be.. the only thing i can think of is "Smart" but it doesn't have a tyre at the front seat.. r u sure its merc. ??

Old 09-07-2005, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator

Smart is right

or else it's this one, one tire on the seat.

Old 09-07-2005, 09:47 AM

Are those in the USA yet? I thought they were introducing a SMART SUV in '06 and the mini-car sometime later. Maybe it was a Canadian car wandering over the border?

Old 09-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

A Smart car! I wonder how much they will cost? Are there other models? Looks better than the motorcycle option in winter around here considering all the driving I do. Usually though, the extra car insurance costs and vehicle costs don't pencil out. We'll see.

I heard the Chinese were to export similar cars to the USA. They probably will be similar to the rickshaw.

Old 09-07-2005, 02:14 PM

Smart was expected to hit US market about 5 years ago, with predicted price under 10 grands.
Would be good deal for young and college people and as an entry to Mercedes brand. It is huge hit in Paris, where parking is at even bigger premium, than in San Francisco. It easily fits in motorcycle spaces.
Why it didn't enter?
In my opinion the 7 MPG Hummers manufacturers had something to do with it.
Some government people collected fat envelopes.

Old 09-07-2005, 02:38 PM

[IMG][/IMG] You guys kick some major ***! Thank you thank you thank you so much. That is the car I saw, although it did not say smart on it, it said something else, but that is it! Oh how I love you guys! And as far as the tire in the front seat, I saw the car on a "car carrier" ( I think that's what they're called, the big trucks that carry like 10 cars) and someone had put a tire in the front seat of the Mercedes. Like a spare tire, althugh not a spare for the smart, cuz the tire was normal car tire size. So the tire was only in the front seat to carry it. But thanks again, did I mention that you guys rock? LOL Thanks

Old 09-07-2005, 03:04 PM

My favorite color combination is lemon yellow and happy blue. Couldn't find picture with those colors, but here is another one

[IMG]local://upfiles/3372/DD9ED6C521764C08B34D0BF4AFD68169.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-08-2005, 12:06 AM
Super Moderator

i did repair a few of them and it takes me 2 hours to find the battery and radiator!

yep, it was a motorcycle engine indeed... by sound when it is running and the size. front and rear tire also got different size.

Old 09-08-2005, 01:45 AM

2 blonds driving 2 Porsche 911 stopped for lunch and when ready to go home, one engine wouldn't start.
The driver opened the hood on front and seeing empty space there says
"Darn! Someone stole my engine when we eat the lunch"
The other without hesitation answers
"Take one from me. I have spare one in the rear"

Quick Reply: Need help finding a certain mercedes....PLEASE HELP