Diesel Discussions Only diesel topics should be posted here.

Anti Theft System Bypass

Old 06-03-2015, 12:01 PM
Default Anti Theft System Bypass

Has anyone successfully deleted or bypassed the anti theft system in their car? I have searched this forum several times and read many posts on the subject of deleting or bypassing the anti theft system but cannot find an answer to my problem. I want to totally delete the anti theft system. With all the problems others have had with the system surely someone has found the answer to this annoying problem. This car is too old to be taking to the dealer. The cost to repair would be more than I paid for the car. I have a 1996 E300D

Old 06-05-2015, 05:48 AM

Rodney sorry to say ,but after going through this stage on my car,i was unable to find an answer like you .My car had just an immobiliser on it it , and it closed down one day . I did not know what it was then ,so i went through all the silly things it could be .After spending 100s on items to fix it that i knew might or would stop it from starting. But i had to quit this ,and call in an a mobile auto electronic guy. He was the chap that sorted it out for me.Only removed wires from the coil.And it started.Just cost £35 .I think its time for you to do the same. If you want it removed .

Old 06-05-2015, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by ForcedInduction
An E300 does not have a coil. It is completely computer controlled.
Forced I know all about his car, but i was trying to explain the problem i had with mine, and will need removed by the people that fit them full stop.

Last edited by dreamer no2; 06-12-2015 at 02:25 PM.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:36 AM
Default Anti Theft By-Pass

Originally Posted by ForcedInduction
An E300 does not have a coil. It is completely computer controlled.
It appears this engine is not completely computer controlled. After removing the intake manifold and looking at the injector pump and fuel lines for a while I was able to see an electrically powered on/off solenoid switch mounted to the side of the injector pump. Knowing that a diesel engine only needs a fuel supply and the ability to turn over a few times (simplified description for this application) to start and that to stop a diesel from running you turn off the fuel supply, I removed the solenoid switch and played with it for a while on my work bench. I found that by applying 12v to two of the connections on the solenoid I was able to "open" it. I reinstalled the solenoid switch and jumped 12v to the solenoid to open the valve and the car started. This car has a disintegrating wire harness and it was probably shorting out and telling the anti theft system that someone was trying to steal the car. I ran a wire to ground and one to 12v at the under hood fuse box and and all is well now. This may not fix the anti theft system on other cars but it worked for me.

Last edited by RodneyB; 06-12-2015 at 11:37 AM.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer no2
I know all about his car, but i was trying to explain the problem i had with mine, and will need removed by the people that fit them full stop.
May be no coil thats funny i thought they had one for every 2 cylinders .But thats beside the point, and immobilisers can stop the car from starting . I think ha as found it was the immobiliser