For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

FS: 1982 300SD Turbodiesel, BRAND NEW, 3K original miles

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Default FS: 1982 300SD Turbodiesel, BRAND NEW, 3K original miles

1982 Mercedes Benz 300 SD Turbodiesel, Cypress Green Metallic. This car was purchased by my father on March 10, 1982 at Jim Earp Mercedes of Omaha, Nebraska for $35,000. Since then, its been driven a total of just over 3,000 miles.

It has never been driven in any weather other than sunny dry days. Its never been wet. The back seat has never been sat in. Amazingly, it still smells new, and there's still some cosmolene under the hood. Other than fluid changes and several battery changes, the only work that has been done to it is:

1) On April 22, 1982, a replacement stereo radio was installed in the car under warranty.
2) On June 13, 2008, two injector fuel lines were replaced due to seepage.

When the fuel injector lines were replaced earlier this year, the car was put through a full inspection by Mercedes Benz technicians at Mercedes Benz of Omaha. After scratching their heads, and asking lots of questions about how/why the car only has just over 3K miles, they gave it a completely clean bill of health.

When they parked it outside the dealership after the work was done, they had two other customers see the car and make offers to buy it on the spot.

I have ALL PAPERWORK to validate the authenticity of this car, to include:

1) Original purchase contract, with my father's name.
2) Data Plates, with my father's name.
3) Every single manual and piece of paper that came with the car.
[/align]4) Original sales brochure presented at the time of the sale.
5) Every single hang tag that was inside the interior when it was purchased new.

This is a BRAND NEW 1982 Mercedes Benz, and the car is in flawless original condition, with one extremely minor exception: In 1987, whena Mercedes Benz tech was removing an old battery, a single tiny droplet of battery acid landed on the passenger side fender. It formed a tiny etch in the paint approximately 2 millimeters in diameter. Note, it did NOT eat through the paint, and the etch is not noticeable unless the car is very closely scrutinized. However, because this is the ONLY flaw on the car, it needs to be mentioned.

Fluids have been changed over the years. The car starts and runs beautifully, and it is in top mechanical condition.
[/align]

The car was ordered with the following factory options:[/align]

1) Natural leather upholstery.[/align]2) Electrically operated sliding roof with wind deflector.[/align]3) Front bucket seats.[/align]

The wood, leather, carpet, everything inside the interior is perfect. No cracking, fading, nothing. The car has been under a Beverly Hills Car Cover for the last 26 years. [/align]

This car is a museum piece, and belongs on display in some type of collection.

Buying a Mercedes Benz was the fulfillment of my father's lifelong dream. When he took delivery of this car, I remember him saying that it was TOO NICE to drive. He simply fell in love with it, and for years enjoyed getting it out on sunny days, driving around a 5 mile country section, sponging it off, and parking it back in the garage under the safety of a car cover. The result was a car, 26 years later, with a total of just over 3,000 total miles.

A 1982 Mercedes Benz 300 SD may not be the most exciting, sexy car around. But the absolute impeccably brand new condition of this car gets everyone's attention who sees it.
[/align][/align]Currently listed on Ebay:[/align]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...1%7C240%3A1309 [/align][/align][/align]